Everyone Has Their Own Demons

Everyone Has Their Own Demons

If your demons aren’t given to you by your environment, then you create your own.

2466
Everyone Has Their Own Demons
http://ghostsnghouls.com

Imagine you are walking into your local convenience store. You’re just doing a little shopping for tonight’s dinner, no big deal. However, as you go to check out, an armed gunman enters the store. He’s scared, tired and desperate. He doesn’t want to do this. He doesn’t want to harm anyone but he needs the money for his child's chemo therapy. This desperation to save his daughter by any means necessary is his demon and the worst thing about demons is that they are greedy. They will thrive on your weakness in order to make themselves stronger and they don’t just apply to extreme conditions.

We have all had that one test or exam in our life that we didn’t have enough time to study for but we really need to pass it in order to pass the class. So what is the little voice in your head telling you to do? It whispers to you to cheat. Find the copy of the test, sit next to the smartest kid in class and look over his shoulder for the answers, lie in order to get an extension, do anything you can to pass. That little voice inside your head telling you to do wrong is your demon.

Now imagine you listened to that little voice to cheat and now you need a specific calculator for said class but you don’t have the money. So what does that little voice tell you to do? Steal one, either from a friend, family member or a store. Just do whatever you can to get that calculator for free. That is how this voice works. Once you become comfortable doing small things, it’s easier for you to do something on a larger scale and soon enough you are that armed gunman in the convenience store trying to save his daughter's life.

In most situations, cheating on a test or exam won’t escalate to such an extreme of armed robbery but that one moment of dishonesty is how it starts. The world is setup to test us on whether or not we listen to that voice that makes us stray from what is right. So stand up for what you believe to be right. Stand up for yourself and don’t let anyone convince you otherwise because you are that only person who can determine your own life.