Can I Be Comfortable With My Body

Every Body Is Different, And It's Your Own, So Make Your Own Choices When It Comes To Changing Yourself

Be comfortable with how you look, if you want to change, then go for it, but act on it and have your own standards, don't let others stop you.

21
Unsplash / Clarke Sanders
https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1493655161922-ef98929de9d8?ixlib=rb-1.2.1&ixid=eyJhcHBfaWQiOjEyMDd9&auto=format&fit=crop&w=1050&q=80

You ever come across those people who eat and eat and nothing happens to their body? They stay as skinny as a twig. Then there are those who eat and eat but gain weight, and I hate saying this, but look fatter. It's kind of mind-blowing when you realize this about someone because at first, you don't. When you start hanging out with that person a lot more, you notice these things. In my case, friends tell you/complain about it. Some people don't even exercise, and they stay skinny and gain no weight.

Personally, I don't think I fall under the group of eating a lot and staying skinny, but some people think I do. I do exercise, which makes me feel better. Am I jealous of people who do fall under that category? I'll admit it, I am, but I get over it because even though I have to work as much to get that body, I will feel better. My hard work pays off in the end. Everyone has a different body type, which makes every person different. I don't believe that we should judge people based on this fact because it's completely unnecessary. I'm happy with how I look and I'm trying to exercise on a more regular basis, which makes me feel better about myself.

When it comes to changing how you look, you can't rely on your body to do it magically. Some people's body doesn't stay skinny forever and even then, you have to exercise to stay healthy. This goes for a lot of people who complain about their bodies, but refuse to do anything to change them. You have to work to change who you are. If you want to lose weight, exercise more and eat less. If you want to gain muscles, do lots of cardio. It doesn't matter what you choose to do as long as you're doing something to help yourself.

If you choose not to exercise then that's fine with me. Once you start complaining about your weight or your body but refuse to exercise, I will not be a happy camper. I will respect you and your decision as long as you're happy with it. If you don't want to follow my advice, I'm fine with that, but be happy with your decision or do something about it. It's a harsh statement and I'm scared to tell friends or people this because I don't know what the reaction will be. I don't want to hurt them or make it worse, so I'll never say anything. If I do give advice, it's given lightly, like giving simple advice. I'm trying to be a good friend, I do the best I can, but it has to go both ways in order for it to work.

I know in today's world the standards are very high because we see billboards and posters of men and women and we want to be just like them: skinny like the girls or muscled like the men. I know it works on a lot of people. It gets to the point where girls will starve themselves and boys will overwork themselves. It's typical for the stereotype. I can see the appeal in wanting to look like those models. Perfect skin, skinny/muscled body, no acne. But, at the same time, I find it horrifying that this is what people do to their own bodies and it's because of these standards we hate how we look.

Your body is yours and yours only. Don't let others let you down because they don't like it. It's hard to be comfortable in your own skin now, but it's not impossible. If you want to change how you look, that's up to you, but don't harm yourself in the process. You can have your own standards, low or high, but don't push yourself so much to the point that it's not healthy anymore. Do it so you can feel good about yourself. We should be able to feel comfortable with our own body. If you want to complain about it or have a plan for what you want to do, I won't stop you, but don't just complain and then not do anything about it. You own your body, so set your own standards and follow them.