How to Enjoy the Spring Weather on Campus

5 Ways To Enjoy Spring Weather, Even When You're Stuck On A College Campus

Break out those flip flops, spring has arrived!

104
Shelby Arnett

As the weather finally begins to warm up and long winter coats are simply meant to be tucked away on a shelf, college students rejoice. The arrival of spring also signals the end of another school year come and gone. With temperatures reaching the 60s and 70s, the last thing students want to do is sit in musty dorms with the shades closed. Instead, it is important to take advantage of the warm weather for as long as possible. Getting outside for several hours a day benefits both the mind and body while providing sources of vitamin D and UV rays. These nutrients not only create a positive influence on us, but it also strengthens our immune systems. Rather than simply sitting outside by the tables at the dorm, there are a variety of ways to enjoy the sunlight that can be fun for you, too!

Lay out in the grass

Shelby Arnett

This is something that my friends and I have done for the past three weeks. On warm and sunny days, we grab a few beach towels and lay out together in the large grassy field by the library. We can get homework done while listening to music and enjoying the sunshine all at once!

Go for a walk around campus

Shelby Arnett

Taking a walk around campus is not only a great form of exercise, but it also allows you to discover new parts of campus that you never noticed before. This is also a great way to relieve stress, have some time to yourself, or enjoy the company of a friend.

Eno with friends

Shelby Arnett

If you don't own an Eno hammock, I highly suggest you buy one. Whether it be fall, spring, or summer, Enos are easily manageable and can be hung up almost anywhere for a day full of relaxation. All over campus, you may find friends hanging up Enos from tree to tree while most certainly sparking jealousy in bystanders.

Sit outside at a restaurant or coffee shop

Shelby Arnett

Sitting outside at a coffee shop is by far one of my favorite things to do on sunny days. The weather isn't too hot in April, which allows you to enjoy your seat outside without the worry of sweat. You can sip on an iced coffee, work on some homework, or even enjoy a sandwich while basking in the sun!

Play a sport

sports

Playing some type of sport - whether it be soccer, frisbee, football, or any other - passes the time in the sun while also bringing friends together. Strangers may even join, creating a recreational game for all.

When you live in Kentucky, the weather can be unpredictable, to say at the least. On that note, taking advantage of the weather when the sun finally comes out is more of a necessity rather than an option. Get outside, breathe in the fresh air, and embrace the much-needed warmth before it goes away far too soon. However, as spring comes to an end, that means summer is right around the corner!