"Endgame" Is The Best Marvel Movie To Date

Marvel Truly Saved The Best For Last With 'Avengers: Endgame'

Whatever it takes.

43

It's everywhere. The film we have all been waiting for since we watched as half of the world's population turned to dust before our eyes in last year's "Avengers: Infinity War." As audiences continue to come out in droves to witness the greatest film of the year, I am here to explain why this final film in this phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is the best of its kind.

1. We are reminded of where it all begin with the original six Avengers 

The Avengers

After the villainous Thanos snapped his fingers and turned half of the world's living things to ash, the cast of beloved characters had been significantly reduced. Among the survivors were none other than the original six Avengers: Captain America, Iron Man, The Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Thor. While every major team-up movie since 2012's The Avengers has included the original six in some way, their connection in this final installment of the Avengers series is more powerful. United by grief, driven by revenge and purpose, the original six and their iconic dynamic make Endgame a force to be reckoned with.

2. We are reminded of some of the MCU's greatest moments 

Captain America

If there is one thing that Marvel loves to do with its movies, especially its big team-up ones, it finds ways to connect the past to the present. Whether it's by bringing back old characters we haven't seen in a while or including a running joke — or even giving us literal glimpses of past films — Marvel ensures that its biggest blockbusters are treats for its loyal audiences. "Endgame" is no exception to this trend, full of powerful moments — both moving and comical — that helps it transcend being just another superhero movie.

3. We see the culmination of our favorite characters' arcs 

Iron Man

With such a big movie like "Endgame" marking the end of the MCU as we know it now, it can be easy to fear that some of our favorite characters might die. Of course, that isn't to say everyone will make it out without a scratch, but the most important thing to remember about this film is that it marks an end, not necessarily a death. We've known most of these characters for years, seen them in countless movies, and with "Endgame," their arcs will come to the completion that best suits their storyline.

4. The score and cinematography make "Endgame" a breathtaking masterpiece 

Avengers: Endgame

Cinephiles may criticize big blockbuster films like Marvel's for being too flashy or comical, not serious enough or not artistic enough. While some critiques may be valid in certain circumstances, "Avengers: Endgame" ensures that this generational icon of a film is something worth watching in every way. With a captivating score throughout the whole film, as well as powerful shots expertly placed within it, "Endgame" is guaranteed to take your breath away.

5. It is the most emotional Marvel movie yet 

Nebula

Superhero movies always have a way of motivating us, sending our adrenaline through the roof with the fight scenes and powerful messages they entail. "Avengers: Endgame" is no exception to this, and in fact, it goes above and beyond what any of us could expect. The film is motivating and heartbreaking, cheerful and sorrowful. Full of witty one-liners and bittersweet scenes, it is expertly crafted to create an emotional masterpiece of a film.

6. It brings you closer to the story than ever before  

With the help of all the reasons I've listed above, "Avengers: Endgame" transcends any typical blockbuster movie. It is an immersive, dynamic film with an emotionally-tuned story. It is dedicated to the fans, a tribute to the past eleven years of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. After 22 films, Marvel needed an exceptional ending to this phase of its franchise, and "Avengers: Endgame" accomplishes that goal with flying colors.

Have you seen "Avengers: Endgame?"