10 Emotions You Experience During Rush, As Told By 'Friends'
Greek Rush

10 Emotions You're Feeling During Rush Week As Emoted By The Friends From 'Friends'

Now you can finally relate to your daughter calling you during the day saying she's starving or dying of heat stroke during rush.

163

It's finally here! Rush season is among us and whether you're a freshie jumping out of your pants with excitement or an upperclassman ready to rock it, a whole range of emotions is among you... and who better to express those emotions to others than the cast of "Friends"? Now you can finally relate to your daughter calling you during the day saying she's starving or dying of heat stroke during rush. Here are just a few of the emotions that everyone will experience during their week on the row.

HOT

Let's be real, we're in Alabama people. It's constantly 95 plus degrees and you're sitting in the blazing sun waiting on going into the next house. Bless that Theta is in Bryant-Denny this year because we LOVE that AC cranking. Even if it rains, it's still hot. So get out your mini fans that connect to your phone and reapply your make up after every house, because you're going to sweat a lot!

EXCITED

This is the first step to something big. Each house you walk into, you could be meeting your new sisters. So why shouldn't you be excited?!?!? With door songs and smiles in your face, there is no way you can't be grinning ear to ear when you walk into those mansions.

SHOCKED

Two words. Door Songs. It's a slap in the face when the actives open the door and the chants of each house explode. If you're in the front row of lineup, good luck because it's an experience, to say the least. Also, if you're from the north, you're not at home any more people, welcome to Alabama Greek life.

WORRIED

Awaiting for your Rho Chi to return with your upcoming schedule for the day is to say the least nerve wrecking. Did my favorite house like me? Will I get an invite back? And don't forget the potential dreaded phone call at 7 a.m., they are never easy.

AWKWARD

Have an awkward conversation with a girl in a house? It happens to everyone. No worries, it's not as bad as you think, or as Phoebe and Chandler kissing. They will look at you as a whole person and not just based on one conversation. So if you're trapped in that fake smile and awkward pauses, it's okay the parties are only 20 min.

TIRED

You. will. crash. After the first day of open house, you'll plop on your bed and not wake up until 7 a.m. the next morning ready to do it all again. It only gets worse throughout the week, so drink your Starbucks and put on a morning face, because it is absolutely exhausting.

SAD

Everyone gets dropped from houses that they absolutely adored. Unless you're a supermodel with a 4.0 GPA and helped starving kids in Africa, it happens. Don't be too disappointed because it just means they were not for you and you'll find your home elsewhere! If you get dropped totally, it sucks, but there are other options on UA's campus where you can still get involved.

HUNGRY

Burke pizza buffet, bless you. If you're like me and forgot to bring snacks the first day you may just push some girls down in the dining halls trying to go for the food at lunch time. Everyone is working up an appetite and everyone will be chowing down come lunch and dinner time.

FRIENDLY

The best part about rush: meeting new people. Whether it's in your Rho Chi group or in the houses, those girls could be your friends for life. So take advantage of the time you have together, you're all experiencing the same things and going through it as a group. Plan a late night ice cream run and make some friends cause that's what it's all about.

UNSTOPPABLE

Be confident. If I could give any personal advice, since I went through rush twice, it's to shake those nerves and be bold going into each house. The girls see that and admire it, which is a great quality to look for when seeking a new member. Always have great posture, hold your head high, and smile like you own the place.

Rush could be one of the best experiences of your life if you make it one. A huge wave of emotions is totally normal and every other girl can relate.

Take advantage of the opportunity you have there and shine! You won't be a rushie for long!