Emergency Scripture For The Start Of A New Semester | The Odyssey Online

Emergency Scripture For The Start Of A New Semester

Cheers to new beginnings.

11
Katie Douglas

Adulting is hard

Let's be honest. Your summer was either extremely eventful or totally boring because you had to work. Either way, you didn't have the nuisance of time management and balancing all that comes with schoolwork...ugh right!? Don't fret my friend you are NOT alone.

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

Regretting scheduling that 8 A.M...

We all have high hopes of being super ambitious the first week of class...then our first class roles around...yikes. I was totally late to my 11 A.M. No worries. We can get caught up in the angst of a new semester that we forget to RELAX and TRUST that Gods totally got this. He will (if you let him) power you through those early alarms!

"Being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light." Colossians 1:11-12

Uhm why did I choose this major again!?

Yeah, I know I'm not the only one who started this school year with that infamous question. Whatever major has made its way into your path, it's okay to have doubts. However, don't forget to bring those trials to the big guy, he's got great things planned for you. No matter where you're at it's never wasted time...God is using this time and planning something great.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Their success is not your failure

It can be so disheartening when we come across instances that make us feel inadequate or unsuccessful within our majors. Particularly when those around us are ultimately succeeding. First off, your major doesn't define you AT ALL. So take a deep breath.

"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans." Proverbs 16:3

Anxiety at its finest

You are going to cram...we all do it. You are going to doubt yourself and struggle bus through certain content. You'll encounter pressure and negativity. Stand strong! You are going to get through this and your God knows the convictions and trials of the year ahead...don't lose sight of where your hope resides!

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10