Embracing New Opportunities Despite The Fear Inside
Religion

Change is often times scary, but sometimes you just have to embrace it and know that is what God has you here for.

245

I am entering my junior year of college, and I can already see that there are going to be so many changes happening this year.

On top of being able to start my program at school, I just got a new position as a Delight leader. Delight was a big help for me, and because of that community of girls, I grew so much in my faith. I never thought in a million years that I would be the one on the board of this chapter. I talked back and forth with myself before committing to an interview because honestly, I was scared.

I was scared to embrace this change, and to take a chance not knowing what the outcome would be. I had my interview a few days ago, and it was a great experience. I got to talk to all the girls, and they asked me some questions. I felt my stress slip away as I was talking because I realized that I already know these ladies. After the interview, I went all day wondering how I did. Did I mess up? Did I say something dumb? Every question ran through my mind.

Around 4 o clock, Cayla called me and told me that I had gotten the spot that I interviewed for. I was so excited, and I could hear in her voice that she was so excited to have me on this team with her and the other leaders. I am so thankful for this new opportunity, even though I have no idea what I am doing.

I am counting on God, and these other ladies to guide me until I get used to this new role. Change is hard, and change is often times scary, but sometimes you just have to embrace it and know that is what God has you here for.