Effective Treatments to Help You Overcome Depression

Depression has become a common occurrence, especially among youth. In some cases, antidepressant medications may not work,

6

which can be frustrating and even lead to suicidal thoughts. In case you're struggling with depression in San Diego, contact Mindset for assistance.

How Can You Know If You Have Major Depression?

There are times when you may not know if you should seek help for depression or not. Unfortunately, major depression is a progressive disorder that affects your mind, body, energy, and emotions and can become severe if not treated. This disorder can also make you susceptible to physical illnesses, and in some cases, it may make you vulnerable to alcohol and drug abuse. In case you experience any of the following symptoms, do not hesitate to call Mindset:

· Frequent loss of energy and unexplained fatigue.

· Restlessness.

· Insomnia or excessive sleeping.

· Loss of interest in your favorite activities.

· Depressed mood that does not improve.

· Excessive weight gain or unexpected weight loss.

· Feeling worthless.

· Difficulty concentrating.

If you also experience suicidal thoughts, do not hesitate about seeking medical assistance for your condition before it worsens.

What Is the Relationship Between Brain Waves and Major Depression?

Psychological experts can distinguish the brainwaves of a depressed person and those of a person that isn't depressed. They can also relate specific abnormal brain waves to the onset of major depression. The nerve activity in your brain is responsible for your brain wave activity, so when your brainwaves are not normal, it shows that your nerves aren't working well to sustain your mood. The professional teal at Mindset uses transcranial magnetic stimulation to improve your mood.

What Is Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)?

TMS is a non-invasive brain stimulation procedure that involves using a magnetic field to improve depression symptoms. The team places the TMS device near your head to transmit magnetic pulses into your brain. The pulses restore normal brainwave activity and boost your mood, improving your symptoms. TMS is one of the most effective treatments for major depression, and the US Food and Drug Administration highly recommends it. TMS works effectively even on treatment-resistant depression.

What Is PrTMS?

The skilled team at Mindset invented an improved version of TMS that produces better results. PrTMS has the following features:

· Brainwave analysis

Before your treatment, the team evaluates your brain waves using PeakLogic ComfortScan EEG. They conduct an electroencephalogram to map brainwave activity and identify abnormal brainwave patterns.

· Patient questionnaire

The team at Mindset may request you to fill in a questionnaire that gives them information about your symptoms and your medical history.

· Evaluation of data by PeakLogic Software

The team uses state-of-art software to analyze your symptom information. The team uses the results to create a personalized treatment plan for you.

What Happens During PrTMS Treatment?

During the procedure, the team places the device near your head to transmit the magnetic pulses. The PrTMS treatment lasts for about 30 minutes, but the initial treatment may be intensive. You should notice improvements in your mood within a few weeks.

For more information about depression treatments, call Mindset or book your spot online.