Drake pusha beef

Everything You Need To Know About The Drake And Pusha T Beef

“And that's around the time that your idols become your rivals."

14

The plot thickens in the Pusha T and Drake beef. Prior to this month, the last we heard the two left everything they had to say on the record. After Pusha T dropped his diss towards Drake, "The Story of Adidon," Twitter was in an uproar. Pusha talked about things like Drake's unknown child, his sickly best friend also known as "40" and the dysfunctional relationship of his parents. Following the diss, while we never heard directly from Drake, we ultimately knew he was not going to respond by word of mouth from J Prince. It seemed just when we thought the two MC's problems had come to an end. We were wrong.

If you find yourself scratching your about how this beef even started, let me refresh your memory. Initially, this battle began with Lil Wayne and Pusha T as the initial opponents in the ring. The two originally have had words to say about each other since the early 2000's. This went on for nearly a decade as the two fired shots back and forth at one another.

As silly as it may sound and maybe unbeknownst to others, the beef arose over Bape. Pusha thought Wayne was stealing his fashion style (amongst other things) back in 2009 wearing Bape before it had become a mainstream success. Though Drake once showed such admiration for Push, it's easy to say those feelings have since been lost. In 2011, Drake made a (not so) subliminal diss to Pusha on his song "Dreams Money Can Buy" and the two have been going tit for tat ever since. Constantly coming after one another with punch lines that were obviously directed at the other. Though Drake once showed such admiration for Push, it's easy to say those feelings have since been lost. As it has progressed, the shots have become more direct, which leads us into current time.

Drake appeared on a "The Shop" with Lebron James to address everything under the sun and of course, this couldn't be ignored. Drake pushes the narrative (in which I thoroughly believes he believes) that Kanye was the one who told Pusha T about his son.

Well, Pusha T cleared the record for us on Joe Budden's Podcast earlier this week.

Remember that time in middle school when your best friend had to tell you her deepest secret but not without the pinky swear first. Then even though you swore not to tell the secret, you always told that one friend who was completely detached to your best friend but you just had to tell the secret because it was somehow too much for you to bare.

This is exactly what happened to Drake.

The one rule Drake isn't immune to? Gossip.

According to Pusha, Drake's longtime friend and better known as his producer "40" allegedly told the information about Drake's son to a woman who would later tell Push.

Though all speculation at this point, it really places Drake at a rock and a hard place in this beef. It's almost as if either way he goes after this, he loses this beef. However, it runs deeper when it starts to cause riffs and issues within friendships and partnerships.