Moving Across The Country To Learn
Education

Why I am not afraid to move across the country

From Connecticut to Maine to wherever life takes me.

154

I want to be a chiropractor. That is what I want to do with my life. I want to help everyone around me but in order to do that, I have to help myself first. I need to help myself become the best damn chiropractor that I can be.

I grew up in the middle of nowhere in Connecticut and by the time I was in middle school I knew that I wanted to get out of there as soon as I possibly can. It was so important to me that I did not apply to a single college in Connecticut and the next closest college I applied to was the University of Maine. Seven hours away.

The change from the middle of nowhere Connecticut to basically the middle of nowhere Maine was not hard but not easy. It was an adjustment, the hardest part being away from my mom. I knew I wanted to be a doctor, the hardest part picking the type of doctor. When I decided to be a chiropractor I knew I had to go to the best chiropractic school possible.

When researching Chiropractic Schools I found out that the majority of chiropractor schools would force me to move even further away from home and my mom. But I wasn't scared or worried at all.

I know my relationship with my mom is so strong that I could move across the world but I would still call her three times a day. I wasn't worried about moving to a big city where I don't know anyone because I've done that once before (and let me tell you - I met the most amazing people I know).

I did, however, know that I would make new friends, new memories and learn so many amazing things about myself and my future. I may not love the location I move to but it is three or four years and then I can do what is best for me. While I am not afraid of moving across the country, in fact, I am ready to take on my future, that does not mean it is not okay to be afraid.

It is okay to be worried about what the future holds but don't let it control your life and keep you from being the absolute best you, you can be.