5 Things You Can Do Right Now In The Comfort Of Your Own Home To De-Stress

Looking for some easy yet effective things you can be doing to lower your nervousness and anxiety this week?

3
Woman biting pencil while sitting on chair in front of computer during daytime
Photo by JESHOOTS.COM on Unsplash

This time of year can be crazy with college finals, school finishing up, family gatherings and the holidays right around the corner so take some time for yourself and by yourself to evaluate how you are doing and fill your cup first so that you can fill others!

Play some of your favorite music!

Flatlay photography of wireless headphones

It takes literally 3 minutes to take a moment for yourself and listen to your favorite music.

Photo by C D-X on Unsplash

This is so simple yet so effective. You know that one song that makes you feel happy inside and reminds you of a certain memory on a favorite vacation or of your beloved hometown? Play it! You won't regret it.

Exercise!

Woman exercising indoors

No gym? No problem! You can do almost any exercise you would do in a gym in your own home.

Photo by Jonathan Borba on Unsplash

I know that whenever I get stressed or anxious I turn to exercise to make me feel better and more like myself. Not only are you burning off some nervous energy you are also investing in yourself. There are so many good things that can be said for simply walking 30 minutes every single day. So, get up and get outside and get that vitamin D or, roll out a yoga mat or towel and meditate in your room. There is no such thing as proper exercise, so do you!

Online Shop!

Person using laptop computer holding card

Get out your credit card and treat yourself, you deserve it!

Photo by rupixen.com on Unsplash

Although your bank account may be crying you won't be when you order that one thing you have been eyeing for the past couple months. The excitement you get from tracking that package and then receiving it at your door is real and unmatched. So, treat yourself because no one else is going to do it for you!

Make some comfort food or even DoorDash it!

Woman slices on table

It doesn't have to be a fancy meal but rather something that makes you happy and feel good!

Photo by Matt Seymour on Unsplash

We all have that one thing our moms used to make us that makes us just feel happy. Make it! if you can't, door dash from you favorite restaurant or make something else that you love and don't or wouldn't usually make for yourself! It doest have to be fancy or creative because it is simply for you and who cares what other people would think anyways!

Have a spa night!

Social Media Agency and Content Studio The Creative Exchange IG: @thecreative_exchange http://thecreativeexchange.co Brooklyn, NY

Get out your favorite skin care, use that bath bomb you have been saving and put on some cute pjs, this is all about and for you!

Photo by The Creative Exchange on Unsplash

Everyone can use some self care no matter the occasion so, pamper yourself! Get out your best or favorite products and use them, watch that show that you don't usually have time to watch, eat that ice cream and just relax. Self care looks different for everyone so do what makes you feel good.