DO THE THING, LIFE IS SHORT

DO THE THING, LIFE IS SHORT

Just some basic advice from a girl trying her best to navigate through this life.

13
DO THE THING, LIFE IS SHORT

LIFE IS SHORT.

That is the most valuable life lesson my millennial self has learned, thus far. Whether it has been my own experiences or obstacles I have witnessed others encounter—life is simply not long enough. I think most people view this statement from the "you can die tomorrow" point of view. I aim to view this from a more positive point. I'm writing this because our time is limited and it's important to take advantage of the time we have. My hope is that someone reading this finds it motivational in someway.

While I consider myself an outgoing person, I think everyone hesitates to speak their mind sometimes and that's OK. But why not tell someone how you feel? I feel like my generation is constantly scared to send a "risky text." Of course, there is the understandable fear of rejection but isn't the "what if" worse? I would say 9 times out of 10, the scenario in my head is SO much worse than the actual outcome, even if it isn't necessarily a good outcome. The bad outcomes are still rarely close to what I ever imagined. So, tell someone what they did hurt you. Tell someone you love them. Tell someone they make you happy and you appreciate them.

LIFE IS SHORT.

You've probably heard this plenty of times but it's important to surround yourself with people that make you feel good. Your time on earth is precious, why should you spend it with people who don't respect you or who don't appreciate you. Identify the kinds of people you want to spend your time with and do it. I'm personally a firm believer in cutting out people who bring negativity to your life. Not everyone moves through life at the same pace. It's OK to outgrow people and be a little selfish every now and then. You never know what the future holds, you may end up reconnecting with certain people down the line. Spend your time with those who make you happy…happiness is everyone's aspiration right?

LIFE IS SHORT.

This last one is probably the most crucial yet most difficult to live by; that is to love yourself. Life is hard and it throws curveballs at you all the time. You look around and see others who have the life you wish you had. Bad things will always happen, I mean we are literally living through a pandemic and a nationwide racial conflict and it's 2020. Social media makes it way too easy to get caught up in other people's lives. This just makes you notice what they have that you don't and how they look compared to you. Sit back and focus on YOU. I believe the best way to live this short life we have been given is to dig deep and find out who you really are. Find out what you want out of this life and make it happen. Make goals for yourself. Fulfill your dreams. Learn how to listen to your body and nourish it. Feed your soul with your passions and never stop. You only get one life, don't live to please anyone other than yourself.

LIFE IS SHORT AND YOU BETTER NOT FORGET IT.

Be who you want to be, be with the people you want to be with, do the things you want to do, say the things you want to say. Moral of the story…don't hold back.