My Favorite Lyrics From "Divide" By Ed Sheeran

I love every single line, so picking these was extremely difficult.

126
Ed Sheeran - Divide ÷

Divide is one of my favorite of Ed Sheeran's albums. First, I'd like to thank Shelbie Barney for the article idea! I absolutely love Ed Sheeran, and this album felt very personal and I could connect with a lot of it. So, here are my favorite lyrics from each song!

1. "Eraser"

"Relationships and hearts you fix, they break as well
And ain't nobody want to see you down in the dumps
Because you're living your dream and this should be fun
Please know that I'm not trying to preach like I'm reverend run
I beg you don't be disappointed with the man I've become"

I really connected with these lyrics! This really makes me think about how anyone can have mental illness or be "down in the dumps" even if they have a good life. What really hits me is, "I beg you don't be disappointed with the man I've become" because, even in his lowest points, Ed just wants to be accepted and he wants his loved ones to still love him.

2. "Castle on the Hill"

"And I'm on my way
I still remember these old country lanes
When we did not know the answers
And I miss the way
You make me feel"

This song makes me feel nostalgic, and I never lived anywhere with old country lanes or near any castles. It makes me miss my first crush and makes me want to go back to watching the stars and watching sunsets in the middle of the summer.

3. "Dive"

"I could fall or I could fly
Here in your aeroplane
I could live, I could die
Hanging on the words you say"

This is going to be so corny, but honestly, I hang on every single word he says. Every word is like magic to me. Even when he's saying something silly or he's trying to be funny, it's still... absolutely incredible. I do hang on his every word.

4. "Shape of You"

"And last night you were in my room
And now my bedsheets smell like you
Every day discovering something brand new
I'm in love with your body"

I love when I can still smell someone on my sheets. It's probably really weird, but I usually feel safer. Yeah, that's definitely weird. #SorryNotSorry

5. "Perfect"

"Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets"

THIS IS MY FAVORITE SONG ON THIS ALBUM OKAY? Mostly because this is just... goals. This really is how I want someone to think of me someday. I want to be a strong woman in the eyes of anyone who loves me, and I want to share the same dreams as them and I want them to be able to say they found love with me which is just really cute, okay?

6. "Galaway Girl"

"I walked her home then she took me inside
Finish some Doritos and another bottle of wine
I swear I'm going to put you in a song that I write
About a Galway girl and a perfect night"

This just feels so... normal. She took him home and they ate Doritos and drank wine? What? This feels like something I'd do.

7. "Happier"

"Cause baby you look happier, you do
My friends told me one day I'll feel it too
And until then I'll smile to hide the truth
But I know I was happier with you"

As sad that it is that this person was lost, it's nice to see that he's coming to terms with it. Slowly. For now, his friends try to tell him that he'll move on (like friends do) and he's just... hiding his true feelings. It's pretty sad, actually. Who hurt you, Ed?

8. "New Man"

"But still, I'm just keeping it real, still looking at your Instagram and I'll be creeping a little
I'll be trying not to double tap, from way back, cause I know that's where the trouble's at
Let me remind of the days when you used to hold my hand
And when we sipped champagne out of cider cans
I guess if you were Lois Lane, I wasn't superman, just a young boy trying to be loved
So let me give it to you"

Again, Ed is coming to terms with him being unable to move on. His ex can, but he's finally moving forward. He's making progress. He knows that it wasn't meant to be if they didn't end up together, which is good0. I'm loving the progress in this album, tbh.

9. "Hearts Don't Break Around Here"

"She is the lighthouse in the night that will safely guide me home
And I'm not scared of passing over
Or the thought of growing old
Because from now until I go"

I agree. I agree 100%. That's it. I just really connect with these lyrics, 10/10.

10. "What Do I Know?"

"The revolution's coming, it's a minute away
I saw people marching in the streets today
You know we are made up of love and hate
But both of them are balanced on a razor blade"

This entire song is pretty intense if you really listen to it, but this kind of sums it up. The world is pretty divided and, sadly, it's between love and hate. Which makes me pretty sad.

11. "How Would You Feel (Paean)"

"We were sat upon our best friend's roof
I had both of my arms round you
Watching the sunrise replace the moon"

Again, this is just cute omg. Some other notable lyrics include, "How would you feel if I told you I love you?" Which is relatable AF.

12. "Supermarket Flowers"

"I hope that I see the world as you did cause I know
A life with love is a life that's been lived"

GOALS. To live life with love, and to live life to the fullest is just... my ultimate goal.

13. "Barcelona"

"Well get up up on the dancefloor tonight
I've got two left feet and a bottle of red wine
Making me feel like the beat and the bassline
Are in my blood, both hands upon her waistline
Get on up baby dance to the rhythm of the music"

Even though Ed can't dance for shit, he's still going to get out there, hold this girl in his arms and dance the night away. Because he loves her. Holy wow that's cute okay? He's willing to do things he doesn't like and he isn't good at for her.

14. "Bibia Be Ye Ye"

"Now things are looking up, I'll find my shoes right next to the oak tree
And I'll get a bus straight into town
And spend the afternoon looking around for the things that I left on the ground
And say you're with me tomorrow's a brand new day"

This song is a little less relatable to me. But that's okay, because I really like Ed's outlook on life in this song. Tomorrow's a brand new day to get it right. Mistakes happen, don't beat yourself up about it.

15. "Nancy Mulligan"

"Well, I met at her Guys in the second world war
And she was working on a soldier's ward
Never had I seen such beauty before
The moment that I saw her
Nancy was my yellow rose"

This is probably my least favorite song on this album but the lyrics are still incredible and I love this song?? Yellow roses bring good health and happiness, so basically Nancy Mulligan just brought happiness and joy and was a bright person in his life and he loved her a lot which is cute.

16. "Save Myself"

"But if I don't then I'll go back to where I'm rescuing a stranger
Just because they needed saving, just like that
Oh I'm here again, between the devil and the danger
But I guess it's just my nature"

Listen to this song. Go right now. Listen to this song and live by it. I do this-- I put others before myself, I save others before I even think about saving myself. I always get stuck between the devil and the danger.

Before you go on saving others, please. Please take care of yourself and save yourself. Don't go rescuing strangers before taking care of yourself. Whenever you feel like you don't deserve saving, listen to this song and remember that I love you. If you don't believe me, someone out there loves you and wants you to be happy and wants you to take care of yourself.