Everyone Is Smart In Their Own Way, Including You
Education

What does it mean to be smart, one may ask?

1106
Ashley Leeds
Ashley Leeds

What does it mean to be smart, one may ask? Good question. Is there really one concrete answer that one can provide? Different types of "smart" exist. Some individuals possess more smarts in one area than another, and some individuals have overlapping types of smarts.

It is my belief that all individuals are smart in spite of being told otherwise. Even if one is not book smart, they may still be street smart. Someone may not be a school person. In spite of academics not being their strength, they may further excel in another area. Perhaps, a trade school is a better fit for them than in a scholarly environment.

Many times in life we are told that we are not good enough or smart enough, but I am here to tell you to erase these untrue notions from your memory. Everyone is smart in their own way, and in spite of not feeling confident in a moment, we must all be sure of our abilities. As humans, we all have strong suits and weaknesses.

The attitude in which we have toward points that do not come as naturally to us must be positive in order for us to fully succeed and gain the most out of an experience. Going back to the word, "weakness," I despise this word. I feel that there must be a better way to convey the meaning of this term without actually using it. I am still attempting to figure out how to do so.

Do not forget that you are worthy. Always value yourself. You are smart and can achieve anything that you set your mind to, which is a special and cool concept. Always try, and never give up on yourself. In spite of challenges, never lose sight of your intelligence. You were born with a brain to make an impact in the world, and you can do so in any setting. Do you want to know why? You are SMART!