Determination

What is Determination?

The definition from Wikipedia: Determination is a positive emotional feeling that involves persevering towards a difficult goal despite obstacles.

Did you ever want something so bad that you were not going to give up until you got it? Everyone has a goal they want to achieve and determined to accomplish. Some would have never reached their goal if they did not have determination. Their drive, ambition and motivation were key factors to make their goal a reality.

I am sure you have noticed that some people are more determined than others, and a lot of us need motivation to get things going. I know some strong-willed determined people that make things happen in their life. They are determined to succeed and just won’t quit. What I noticed about them is that they did not care what others thought, and they had the power and gained control over their own life. That right there is empowering. They realize that things do not happen overnight and they are patient. They make lists and visualize their success, they think positive to eliminate any fear they might have. Even if they run into obstacles, (and there is always something), they stay focused and keep with their goal until it is obtained. They are disciplined and committed. They set their goals and understand their abilities. They have a good support network. I have also seen these people keep tangible reminders such as pictures, etc., some even have inspirational and motivational sticky notes.

We all need to find what works for you, and keep you on track. I think it is also important to focus on yourself and not focus on others. Be thankful for what you have and what you are doing. The more you achieve, the more ambition and confidence you will have to go and achieve your next goal.

For some inspiration, here are a few famous people I found that had some tough odds against them, but were determined to make it.

Author, J.K. Rowling – before publishing the series of Harry Potter novels, she was broke, depressed, divorced and raising a child by herself. She became one of the richest women in a span of five years.

English Rock Band, The Beatles – When they first started out, a recording company told them they did not like their sound and that guitar music was on the way out. Well, the world did not agree.

Athlete, Michael Jordan – He was cut from his high school basketball team. He has said that he has failed repeatedly, and that is why he succeeded.

There are a lot more people that have made it, and you never knew their struggle. Without their determination, they would never have become what the world has known them to be.

Remember my friends, you are more powerful than you know and can accomplish anything you want. Go out and kick some butt today, you got this!

Act as if it were impossible to fail.” ― Dorothea Brande