The Democrats Embarrassed Themselves At The State Of The Union

This week, Trump delivered an incredible State of the Union address. In it, he cited millions of new jobs, the lowest unemployment rate in half a century, all-time lows for African American, Hispanic American, and Asian American unemployment rates, the lowest rate of African American poverty ever recorded, criminal justice reform, and more.

He called on Congress to end late-term abortion and announced increased funding for neonatal research.

He awarded a young African American girl a scholarship to attend a better school and called on Congress to pass the Education Freedom Scholarships Act in order to provide children nationwide the same opportunity for advancement.

He called for bipartisan legislation for the reduction of prescription drug prices and for price transparency in healthcare.

He announced the United State's joining of the One Trillion Trees Initiative, an effort to support the climate and combat deforestation by planting new trees.

He advocated a new plan for peace in the Middle East.

He praised our soldiers, the brave men, and women who risk their lives every day to keep our country safe from foreign threats.

He concluded with the statement, "Our spirit is still young, the sun is still rising, God's grace is still shining, and, my fellow Americans, the best is yet to come!

Notably, Trump didn't call out any Democrats in his speech, as some predicted he would, even as they were in the midst of a Senate impeachment trial. He chose not to further polarize. He delivered an uplifting, unifying speech. The state of the union is strong. Trump plans for it to get even stronger.

So, how did the Democrats react?

They sat, stone-faced and unfazed by the clear nationwide prosperity. Many refused to applaud, even for low female and minority unemployment rates.

Then Nancy Pelosi ripped her copy of the speech in half at its conclusion.

This is simply embarrassing.

The Democrats were once the party of John F. Kennedy, a President who was anti-communism, pro-religion, pro-tax cuts, and pro-free trade. Now they cannot even applaud a little girl being given the opportunity to set her life on a new course. Their hatred of Trump and partisanism runs so deep they can no longer behave with even a modicum of Congressional decorum. They cannot acknowledge that he has done a single good thing. Groups like illegal immigrants have gained more of their sympathy than a Republican president. They must be for whoever Trump is against. They take to sassy, woke protests, like Pelosi's tearing of the speech.

She became a meme on Twitter, but that's all.

Trump is still President, the union is still strong.

And with that, 2020 has been clinched.