Democracy Is The Best Form Of Government We Could Have

Democracy is the way to go.

25

Compared to all of the other forms of government, I feel that democracy is the best form of government that we have at our disposal. The main reason why is that it truly represents equality and liberty. Democracy is giving the people the idea that their thoughts matter when it comes to their government. They have a chance for their voices to be heard and have an equal say regarding their system of government. The final say will always go to the people.

I understand that there are people who will question how the losing side's voice wasn't heard, or they'll say the opposing side is evil. We live in a world where not everybody has the same opinion, and while there are some people out there who can be persuaded, there are some who cannot. This is where democracy comes into play. It allows citizens to freely speak and vote based on their opinions and thoughts.

Now to make that happen, the citizens and the group that they represent need to be involved in activities such as voting to see their ideas and opinions come to life. Another great thing about democracy is as long as you properly succeed in passing the requirements, no matter your economic status, your voice is sure to be heard when it comes to voting.

In times of war, some would say that we're now stuck with democracy when that's not the form of government we need right now. What about when there's no crisis though? With every form of government, there are pros and cons. A reoccurring con for democracy that I see often is that it's too unorganized and all over the place. That with this conflict happening within the government, democracy would slowly fall in shambles, and decision-making would be prolonged. People don't believe that enough regulations and actions are being taken. The reality of the situation is that with a democratic republic, you have a collection of people's thoughts and opinions being heard and considered. That means that the electoral and legislative process can take a lot longer. I can't deny the notion that these decisions do take time, but what I will say is that all of this helps reduce the chances of any rushed or radical decisions.

And even if a mistake was somehow made, democracy allows us the ability to correct it. For certain governments, the same thing cannot be said, which is another reason why I'm going to have to stick with democracy as my government.