Your not ugly, society is

When will society understand that their expectations are outrageous and unrealistic?

Do you ever find yourself scrolling through Instagram, and before you know it you're comparing yourself to ever long-legged, skinny girl in a bikini? Because I know recently I have, and I know it sucks.

Society wants us to be a picture-perfect replica of some kind of doll. We have to be smart, beautiful, funny, talented, fit, sociable, and so much more, just to be considered worth someone's time. It's such a toxic environment to live in.

Society wants us to have a big butt and a small chest, too be a size 2 and be 6 feet tall. When they need to change this to include all people big, small. thick, thin, black, white or rainbow. I want to see more of those types of people gracing the covers of magazines and TV commercials, movies and social media.

The only thing society has done is cause more damage than good. Do they notice how many people they affect?

Society you are lowering our self-esteem.

Society you are causing eating disorders, making us think we will never be small enough for you.

Society you have made me cry more than once while I stair in the mirror and know I will never be good enough for you.

It has taken me years to finally come to terms will my body, and be happy with who I am. I have broken my chains from your society and I am hoping more girls can come to terms with themselves and dump your ass because you're just too damn abusive.

To the person reading this, I just wanted to say you are beautiful and please don't let society tell you otherwise. Maybe one-day society will change for the better instead of worse but for now, let's come together and show society that BEAUTY IS NOT ONE SIZE and we all deserve to feel beautiful.