dear best friend
Friendships

Dear Best Friend

I'd be lost without you

48
Dear Best Friend
https://torteenblog.com/2018/06/04/announcing-best-friends-week/

Dear Best friend,

As a little girl, you meet so many people and you say, "this is my best friend!" You go through life and those friends fade off until one day you realize, you have no idea who those people even are anymore. But then it only takes that one moment to realize who your best friend truly is, and that your life has changed for the better.

I met you in middle school, in one of our classes. We did not know we would become best friends at this time, we were just two girls that sat across from each other. You had a spunky attitude and fun way of dressing. I admired that about you. We were both quiet, but laughed at just about anything, and that was just what I needed.

We would talk here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary. It was that spring that we shared a bunk on a school trip and laughed our pants off at basically everything one another did. The laughing continued through seventh grade and we looked forward to seeing each other every day and telling each other jokes and creating inside jokes that we did not realize would last forever.

I found out I had to move, which was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. But you stuck by me. You literally only had known me for a year and you stuck by my side. You came to visit me almost two hours away almost every weekend and let me come stay with you. We went shopping together, went to the beach and even went on vacations together.

We went through all of high school together, going to different ones, but still feeling like we went to each other's, as we rushed home to video chat and update each other on the gossip. We went through years at different colleges, but of course partying at each other's schools. Helped each other through breakups, loss, and learning. Then became adults and got big girl jobs and moved together to the city.

I honestly don't know how I lasted until eleven years of my life without a best friend like you. I cannot imagine my life without you in it, I know so corny. Laughing together is one of the best things about our friendship. When I am sad, that is all I want to do.

You have helped me become a better person and I forever grateful for you, best friend. I truly love you as a person and am so thankful for that day back in sixth grade that we met.

I love you best friend.

From,

Your best friend and roomie.