Cute Monster Games

Cute Monster Games

Monsters don't always have to be scary!

248
Cute Monster Games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE6qhP7wdO4

Horror games are not the only places you'll find monsters in video games. You can raise your own pet monster, date the monster prom queen, and even create your own monster persona in these cute monster games.

1. Monster Prom

Steam description:"You have 3 weeks to get a date for Monster Prom! Go through absurd and funny situations, raise your stats and seduce one of your classmates. Beautiful art, bold, unapologetic dialogue and hard choices make up this Multiplayer (1-4 players) Dating Sim. Be your worst self."

This is your chance to date the fish queen or werewolf or demon of your dreams. Enjoy joking around with these fun high school stereotypes with a new twist to the normal dating simulator. As you choose between going to the library or to gym class, maybe you'll discover some hidden cults, or find out that your animistic boyfriend has some furry fan girls.

2. Monster Seeking Monster

Official jackboxgames.com description: "Monster Seeking Monster is a dating-themed party game where players send each other secret messages trying to set up dates, and then find out who dated who… and who betrayed who. Did we mention you're also all secretly monsters with different hidden powers? Maybe you get extra points for spreading vampirism. Maybe you gain or lose points depending on whether you date during a full moon. Or maybe, just maybe… you're the scariest thing of all… a ventriloquist puppet."

Monster Seeking Monster is one of the games in Jack Box Party Pack 4. If you are looking for a fun and funny way to flirt with your friends who may turn out to be a witch, zombie, or even serial killer. Chat your way into earning the most hearts by the end of the game, and hope that a twist at the end doesn't leave you heartbroken. There's nothing cuter about a monster than it trying to woo you.

3. Cthulhu Virtual Pet

Google play store description: "Have you ever dreamt of raising a Lovecraftian God from infancy to glorious monsterhood? Whether you're a lifelong Lovecraft fan, or if you don't have a clue what a Lovecraft even is, this is your chance! In this virtual pet game you help Cthulhu evolve from infancy through adulthood from the comfort of your pocket! Gain points in any of the five great mini games, and use them to keep Cthulhu happy, healthy, and well fed. Name your Cthulhu, turn out their light for bedtime, and wake them up to feast! Have fun with this 8 bit retro virtual pet game just like you may have as a child!"

There are plenty of pet simulators online, where you can raise your own dog, or axolotl, or even grow plants. If you are looking for a pet fish, why not go one step deeper and get yourself a virtual underwater otherworldly horrorterror. This game is perfect for anyone that has ever wanted to see the pokemon evolutions of monsters. Who doesn't want to see cthulhu as a baby octopus dragon.

4. Monster Girl Maker

Google play store description: "Ever wanted to create your own cute monster character but didn't know where to start? Lost on what aesthetics they should have, what accessories or hairstyle they could wear? 'Monster Girl Maker' provides you with those tools to create such a character! Monster Girl Maker is a character creator where you can design a variety of portraits using over 500 different parts; skin, eyes, mouth, eyebrows, hair, accessories & clothes. This app allows you to create monsters with slime, stitches, horns, multiple eyes, wings and much more!"

With art by the pastel poltergeist Ghoulkiss, this app that is available on IOS and Andriod is now also available on PC on Itch.io!

You can finally make the swamp monster girlfriend that you've always wanted. Add extra eyes, horns, gills, stitches, and more. Even create your favorite monsters from other media on this app, and have a newly created cute version of the grudge. The possibilities are endless.

BONUS: Monster High

From left to right: Cleo de Nile, Spectra Vondergeist, Ghoulia Yelps, Frankie Stein, Clawdeen Wolf

https://youtu.be/xgFVFha0cbk

Monster High is a large franchise full if games, movies, dolls, and more. It is basically feminist, spooky Barbie. In it, you follow a variety of characters around a high school of monsters. They promote equality, treating others kindly, and lots of other excellent morals.

I have no shame in saying I have both a Ghoulia doll and figurine on my bookshelf, and I am 23 years old.

Not all monsters have to be scary and gory. Instead, they can be silly and gore-geous. Time to turn scary into spooky again, and dare I say it, possibly even spoopy.