Confidence Challenge

Confidence Challenge

Be the start of change.

17
Confidence Challenge
Lauren Borchart

When you look up the definition of "confidence" in Merriam-Webster, you come up with a few results:

con·fi·dence

• a feeling or belief that you can do something well or succeed at something
  • a feeling or belief that someone or something is good or has the ability to succeed at something
  • the feeling of being certain that something will happen or that something is true

So, it's obviously easy to look things up, to find a created definition, but it's often much harder to find their connotation. With some people, you say the word "confidence" and it might evoke a sense of pride, but to many it stirs up inner turmoil. Confidence is often a struggle for many people. In this age of social media, the definition of beauty is one that is photoshopped, bought and fake. In this age of millennials, people are "uneducated", "antisocial", and "lazy". In this age of intolerance, people are racist, sexist, and homophobic.

No wonder people aren't confident. No one can truly be themselves.

I'm here to challenge everyone reading this to breakdown judgmental behavior and to love. To love not only your family, friends and peers, but yourself. One act is all this is needed. One act. To tell your friend she is gorgeous, to tell your neighbor they are special or to tell yourself you are loved.

I know many people might scoff at this. Would one act of kindness honestly do anything regarding confidence? Well let me be the one to tell you, yes. Maybe not much at first, but if I could get a handful of you to pass it on, who then pass it to others, and they pass it on, the domino effect could spread so wide.

However, this wont work unless you try. Make the effort, make one persons day to make everyone's life.

So go! Start the trend that is love, that is kindness, and that is confidence!

"Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love." -Lao Tzu