The Life of a Communications Major, as Told by "Degrassi"

The Life of a Communications Major, As Told By Degrassi: The Next Generation

Whatever it takes, I know, I know I... (nails that high note) I know I can make it through.

56
http://degrassiforever.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/group2.jpg

Okay, I'm not gonna lie. Ever since Drake put out the music video for "I'm Upset" from Scorpion, which was a reunion of him as Jimmy and his Degrassi: The Next Generation castmates (minus J.T. and Sean), I've been binge watching the show for almost four months straight. It's hard to believe, but the show first came out in Canada seventeen years ago on CTV, and made its American début on The N (now known as TeenNick) almost six months later. And after all this time, I will say that it still holds up, even though I'm not in high school anymore.

Like the characters of Degrassi, Communications students are moving towards a variety of careers in the field, such as filmmaking, journalism, marketing and society research. Although they're all in college, they still feel the same anxiety and pressure that the high-school-aged characters do, regardless of the real-life issues that come their way. Pretty much everyone looks like they have it all together, and they've got everything figured out, but trust me when I saw that almost all of us really don't. This is the life of a Communications Major, as told by "Degrassi: The Next Generation".

Getting the syllabus on the first day.

When someone says this is a "useless" major.

When a research project is assigned.

i.gifer.com

When you have to do a project on ethnography.

i.gifer.com

When the homework cuts into your personal life.

Pulling an all-nighter.

i.gifer.com

When you manage to get a good internship.

i.gifer.com

When you have to finish plenty of essays in a week.

i.gifer.com

Group projects.

i.gifer.com

When you're the only one working on a group project.

When your teammates get credit for your work on a group project.

Meeting deadlines.

i.gifer.com

How you feel about math and science classes.

When you write a screenplay.

Filming your screenplay.

i.gifer.com

Editing your screenplay.

i.gifer.com

Studying for your exams.

i.gifer.com

When you get a take-home portion for the exam.

i.gifer.com

Senior thesis.

Senior thesis, part two.

Creating your resumé.

i.gifer.com

No matter how crazy this is, you wouldn't trade it for anything!