An Open Letter To My Best Friend

An Open Letter To My Best Friend

My best friend but also my number one partner is crazy shenanigans

12
An Open Letter To My Best Friend

I can honestly say that I have never had a friend in my life who means as much to me as you. I have to thank our sorority for bringing us together but also our sheer love for so many things that we have in common. In high school, I had those people who I considered my best friends and at the time I truly thought that they were. But, after having met you and having the friendship I have with you today, I realize how trivial they were. I’ve been through a lot since being at college and through it all you have stuck beside me. Whenever I fell down because I couldn’t handle all that was going on in my life, I knew that you were always someone who would be there to pick me back up.

Last semester in particular was one of the hardest semesters I’ve had in college so far. Still recovering mentally from some of the hardships I was faced with the previous year and some fresh new wounds that needed healing, you were always there. Whether it was just someone to talk to or someone to do something stupid with, I could count on you no matter the circumstance. It’s not easy dealing with stress, breakups, family matters, and the never-ending list of things that we as college students face but having that one person you know will be there for you until the end is something that should never be taken for granted.

The one thing I am struggling with the most with right now when it comes to you is that I am graduating and you still have one more year. So you may wonder why would that be hard? It’s hard because I don’t know where I will be next year and there is a chance it won’t be close by to you. But I know that even if we are far apart, the depth and vitality of our friendship won’t suffer, for all we know it might be even stronger. My friendship with you is one of my biggest priorities and I can promise you that I will never do anything to jeopardize that because you are more than just a friend. You are my absolute best friend. You are my sister. You are my partner in crime. My number one flailing partner at concerts. You are my long car ride companion because for some reason if you put the two of us in a car for a 10-hour long drive we can have the best time and make it into an adventure.

Thank you for everything that you have done for me. I know sometimes I can be the worst and sometimes we want to choke each other but just know I only want what’s best for you just like I know you only want what’s best for me and to see me happy. When you’re happy, I’m happy (as gross and cheesy as that may sound. You have showed me what true friendship means and I can’t thank you enough for being who you are and showering me with love everyday. I love you more than words can describe.