The Ultimate College Checklist

The Ultimate College Checklist

5 Things Every College Student Needs to Survive

58
The Ultimate College Checklist
Go ennounce It's Cool 2 Talk School

With these 5 necessities, you'll be ruling your college campus in style (and getting good grades)!

1. A Planner

In high school, while I diligently put my homework and upcoming events in my planner during the first weeks of school, that didn’t last very long. By the end of the year, I hadn’t been using the planner for months, and most pages were blank. However, in college, a planner is a necessity. So many things happen in one week of college like exams, special events, club meetings, and much more. In order to keep track of all your commitments, writing them down in a planner or calendar is necessary. No one wants to be that person who misses a meeting with a professor or forgets to turn in an assignment. My recommendation: the ban.do planner. It comes in such cute colors, it gives you lots of room to write out tasks for the day, and it comes with stickers!

1. A Heavy-Duty Backpack
    1. This may sound obvious, but the cute and stylish backpacks I used to buy in high school don’t quite cut it for college. When walking across campus with heavy textbooks in your bag, you need a legit backpack that will hold all of your materials without giving you back problems or breaking a strap. My recommendation: North Face Jester or Boralis backpack. I got mine in navy so it goes with jeans!
  2. A Water Bottle
    1. Whether you’re walking across campus all day or going to the gym, every college student needs a good water bottle. Buying plastic bottles of water gets really expensive (though my new obsession is LIFE WTR), and by having a water bottle with you at all times, you can fill it up anywhere around campus. Plus, having your own bottle encourages you to drink more water throughout the day! My recommendation: 17 oz Swell bottle (yes the biggest size, and it keeps your water cold for 24 hours, hot drinks warm for 12) or the Tervis that you can get in your school’s version!
  3. Wireless Headphones
    1. Everyone in college has headphones. I honestly cant get through the day without listening to music. I love my apple headphones, but wireless headphones have really transformed my listening experience. My recommendation: Beats Solo 3 Wireless Headphones. I have mine in rose gold so they are stylish but also great quality! You can walk around the room freely without having to pause your music! I would also suggest getting headphones that wrap around your ear for exercising, because they never fall out. Tip: If you're using wireless headphones in the library, be sure not to walk with them out of range, or your music will start playing out loud! It's important to avoid embarrassing moments as a freshman whenever you can because they inevitably occur.
  4. A Card Pocket on your Phone
    1. I never really know what these are called, but when you’re in college and need to use your student ID often, its mush easier when it’s attached to your phone than in your wallet in your backpack. Get one that your school sells and it adds a touch of school spirit to your phone case! Tip: Don’t put in cards that are really important because if you lose your phone, you don’t want to lose your whole life with it. Also, cash can easily fall out when taking a card out, so keep cash in your wallet.