Clear Space, Clear Head, More Productivity

Wouldn't you like to be able to improve your work productivity by doing something as apparently simple as cleaning your work space before you get to work? A thorough tidying of the workspace will let the creative juices flow more naturally, while allowing your analytical thinking skills to follow their natural course.

16

Not Everyone Enjoys Working From Home

If you have been forced to turn your home into your new workspace because of the COVID-19 pandemic that has taken over the planet for over a year now, you are probably desperately looking for some ways to spice up things. You wouldn't be the only one. Lots of people lack the necessary discipline and motivation needed to work from home every day. Many employees enjoy the buzz of a workspace, the socialization, the chance to receive feedback in real time, share lunch with co-workers or at least pick their brain and ask for a second opinion when working on an important project.

So working from home can be difficult, no doubt. If you also have small children and playful pets running around, asking for food and care, it is easy to feel overwhelmed and start missing deadlines or handing in poor quality work. Plus, our attention span only lasts for 8 seconds. It has been officially proven. So how could anyone possibly expect us to be able to stay focused on a work task for hours in a row and, if possible, come up with brilliant ideas, under these circumstances?

With so many different thoughts constantly running through your head, your focus is bound to get worse in time. Good! Take advantage of it and start directing your attention to something else. How about cleaning the living room or the room you have been using as a home office?

A Clean and Organized Work Environment Promotes Productivity

Cleaning your work space can apparently help clear your mind and below you are going to find a few interesting decluttering tips for your desk area, whether at home or at the workplace.

Set a timer and stick to it. Take half an hour to an hour to clean and organize your workspace. This will help you stay focused and not risk getting distracted by something else. When the cleanup will be over, you will get to immediately resume your regular work and experience a complete "reset" feeling.

Choose a few decorative elements for your workspace so you can give it a personal touch and make it feel like your own or more on your taste. Add family photos, your lucky charm, the fresh flowers you love or a potted plant and you should notice your mood will change for the better.

Declutter your desk, get rid of all the unnecessary items, sort everything out, regroup all your printed papers and supplies and follow the "less is more" trend.

You could also consider using shelf separators you can make on your own or buy in stores. This way, you will make sure that all the knick-knacks lying around purposelessly will be better organized and out of sight when working.

Hire An Expert Cleaner From Time To Time

While you might not need to hire an expert cleaner to deep clean or wash your carpets every week, it would be helpful to have your carpeting and upholstered furniture cleaned by pros at least a couple of times a year. This will help with the maintenance, while also preventing allergens and problems with your ability to focus because of accumulated dirt, allergens, and germs polluting the indoor air. Whether you need specialized needlepoint area rugs cleaning or a different service, you should have no problem coming across a reliable service like rugcleaningnyc.com to cater to your exact needs.

Finally, make sure you will indulge in a small break of around 15 minutes every 50 minutes or so, especially when working on a computer.