Everyone knows that most of the greatest movies are based off of books. These are no exceptions. Each movie has won many awards and has many A-list actors and actresses in them!

1. "Fried Green Tomatoes"

This movie is based off of the novel by Fannie Flagg called "Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe."

2. "Friday Night Lights"

This movie is based off of the book by Buzz Bissinger called "Friday Night Lights: A Town, a Team, and a Dream."

3. "Forest Gump"

This movie is based off of the book by Winston Groom called "Forrest Gump."

4. "The Color Purple"

This movie is based off of the novel by Alice Walker called "The Color Purple."

5. "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory"

This movie is based off of the book by Ronald Dahl called "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory."

6. "Bourne Series"

This movie series is based off the book series written by Robert Ludlum and Eric Van Lustbader.

7. "The Silence of the Lambs"

This movie is based off the novel by Thomas Harris called "The Silence of the Lambs."

8. "Stand by Me"

This movie was based off of the novel called "The Body" by Stephen King.

9. "Million Dollar Baby"

This award winning movie is based of the book "Million Dollar Baby: Stories from the Corner" by F.X. Toole.

10. "No Country for Old Men"

This movie is based off of the novel by Cormac McCarthy called "No Country For Old Men."

11. "The Shawshank Redemption"

Stephen King wrote another amazing book this movie is based on called "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption."

12. "The Godfather"

This amazing movie is based off of the book with the same title by Mario Puzo.

13. "Gone with the Wind"

This 3 hour and 58 minute movie is based of the novel "Gone with the Wind" by Margaret Mitchell.