The 25 Days Of Christmas Jams

The 25 Days Of Christmas Jams

*Butchers high note in Mariah Carey's cover but keeps on singing anyway*

67
The 25 Days Of Christmas Jams
Ryan Loughlin

I've been in the Christmas spirit for MONTHS and now that Thanksgiving has passed it's time to crank those jams. I just like the warm and cozy feeling Christmas gives me and getting to see all the Christmas decor. I also love the first snowfall because there's something just so magical about it. Can you tell that I also watch Hallmark movies? *Que the eyerolls*

And of course, I just had to talk about the ultimate Christmas Jams. I've had my Spotify playlist ready to go since last Christmas. So I give you 25 Christmas songs to jam out to, one each day leading up to Christmas.

1. "Baby, It's Cold Outside" by Rufus Wainwright and Sharon Van Etten

I absolutely adore this cover. It's my number one favorite.

2. "All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey

Honestly, who doesn't have this on their playlist? This is such a bop for the holidays.

3. "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" by Michael Bublé

Michael Bublé's voice is just so smooth. I LOVE IT.

5. "Last Christmas" by Wham!

*sings this to my Ansel Elgort poster acting like we had a relationship*

6. "Hot Chocolate" by Tom Hanks

I remember in kindergarten when I came to school and they made the hallway look like the Polar express aka just setting chairs up along the walls and blasted this song while handed out cups of hot chocolate.

7. "That's Christmas to Me" by Pentatonix

Absolutely love their covers and nothing beats a-cappella.

8. "One More Sleep" by Leona Lewis

This is such a bop. I'm addicted to the song.

9. "Blue Christmas" by Elvis Presley

Elvis' smooth yet rock n' roll voice is just so beautiful.

10. "Rockin Around the Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee

This song reminds me of the scene from Home Alone where Kevin was putting broken ornaments around the tree. Such a diabolical kid.

11. "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" by Frank Sinatra

I will Frank Sinatra, I will.

P.S. I absolutely adore Frank Sinatra so much.

12. "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" by Perry Como, The Fontana Sisters, Mitchell Aryes & His Orchestra

I always bust this jam out whenever it snows because snow makes Christmas even more festive. And it for some weird reason reminds me of walking into the Macy's in downtown Chicago. Not sure why, it just does.

13. "Jingle Bell Rock" by Bobby Helms

This also reminds me of Home Alone.

P.S. Not sure my memory is right about this being used in the movie.

14. "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" by Andy Williams

Dang right it's the most wonderful time of the year Andy Williams.

15. "Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer" by Burl Ives

The only song that mattered to me when I was a child. And the only one that I could easily remember the lyrics too.

16. "Sleigh Ride" by Andy Williams

I just love the bells being used in the background.

17. "A Holly Jolly Christmas" by Burl Ives

It's always a holly jolly Christmas when you are obsessed with everything Christmas related.

18. "White Christmas" by Bing Crosby, Ken Darby Singers, John Scott Trader & His Orchestra

I've been dreaming of a White Christmas for the past couple years now and it snows a week before but most of it ends up melting before Christmas day. *sad sigh*

19. "Run Rudolph Run" by Chuck Berry

All I can imagine in Rudolph go around in circles.

20. "The Christmas Song" by Brett Eldredge

Brett Eldredge is country but his voice and Christmas music equals a voice made for jazz.

21. "Deck The Hall" by Nat King Cole

*Sings loud throughout while watching my mom set Christmas up instead of helping her*

22. "Santa Baby" by Ariana Grande

As you can tell, I love pop Christmas covers because they are so lively.

23. "Jingle Bells" by Frank Sinatra

24. "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" by John Denver

"AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR"

25. "Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town" by Mariah Carey

How could I forget this great song about Saint Nick?

As you countdown to Christmas just remember "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear" - Buddy the Elf.

Get your Christmas on folks.