Here's What College Christians Do When Coffee Isn't Cutting It Anymore

You know what they say, "caffeine gets me started, Jesus keeps me going…"

576

I will be the first to say that there are times when I feel young, motivated, and drawn to achieve and discover what God has in store for me. Heck, you probably feel that surge of motivation to get everything done, to boost your resume, to work ahead, to work hard to get to where He wants you to be. But I will not hesitate to say that there are also times in my life, seemingly more often than I would like to admit, that I am worried, anxious, nervous, and apprehensive about where I am headed. It's the times I realize I'm almost 20 years old, that I'm halfway done with college, that I may never live at home again. It's in the moments that I miss my mom and dad, that I feel like I'm walking with my hands out in front of me, and time is flying by at a hundred miles an hour that I feel like God is a light year away.

But at the same time, it is in these moments that we have to remember to lock our eyes on Him. Please don't look at your phone. Don't look at someone else's Instagram. Don't look at where you've been. Look to Jesus. Let Him hold you, wrap his arms around you. Jesus hugs are the best hugs.

Work toward your degree. Work on your earthly friendships but be sure to do that in His glory and by His word. Chase after the author of love and the one who painted the sunsets, thought up the rules to golf, breathed life into the world, and became man. How are you supposed to figure out your purpose in this temporary world if you don't first follow the one who created your purpose?

Do your best, sweetie. Study for the test. You can hit the gym, do your squats and pull all-nighters, but do so in His name. In our weariness, in our brokenness, and on our days that we are utterly overwhelmed, stressed, and feel defeated by whatever it may be, take a deep breath. Look at where your feet are planted, because they're there for a reason. He has brought you this far, so trust Him to bring you to your next step.

In the meantime, remember that waiting on Jesus doesn't mean waiting around. Spend your time, don't let time take a toll on you. God will, in His time, reveal things to you. But the spirit of God, the Holiest of Spirits, the smile that sparked the sun and the timekeeper of the days, is guiding you through today. Every day is a new opportunity to go bravely about your tasks, embracing each one as though it is your purpose in this place.

Do not approach these tasks with fear, questioning failure, or worth, but rather, ask the Lord how this will serve Him, how He can be put on display through this struggle, through this hard task, or through this moment. There is so much peace found in trusting His plans for your day. He will take care of you, He will show you so much more. There is so much more.

Embrace what He is already doing. Trust Him with your tomorrow. Give Him today.