Lord, It's Now | The Odyssey Online

Lord, It's Now

I would much rather God be proud of me than my friends.

10
Lord, It's Now

"If we've ever need you...Lord, it's now"

we've turned away

"Hear our cry, Lord we pray, Our faces down, our hands are raised, You called us out, we turned away, we've turned away."

I never realized how true these lyrics were until I was submerged into the college culture and lifestyle.

I've learned

you can't escape the sins around you even if you DON'T choose to partake in them.

9 times out of 10 I have been the minority at college. Every week I am begged to go out for T-Shirt Tuesday and Thirsty-Thursday by friends. With every decline I am positive that I lose "cool" points.

Although my friends nag me about MY decisions, they respect me, they appreciate my opinions, and even though I might lose cool points with them, I am in fact gaining them with the Lord.

Now, I'm no rocket scientist, but I'd much rather God be proud of me than my friends.

but what are consequences

"With ship wrecked faith, idols rise, We do what is right, in our own eyes, Our children now, will pay the price."

The main problem with my generation is that we live for the now.

I'm all for living in the moment and flying by the seat of my pants. I love the thrills of that. But, what's living if you aren't living right? [religiously speaking]

People, especially the college ones, think that time is never ending. They often have the mentality that college is "their time" and that God's time will come later.

But,

time is of the essence

There's no telling how many times a day I hear people say things like: "I have plenty of time" or "I'll go to church next week" or I just don't have time to read my Bible five minutes a day" or "when I'm an adult I will commit to the Lord" or even "I'm in college, this is my free time to do whatever I want to do"

First things first, time is the most precious thing there is. Time is slipping away faster every single day. If there's one thing that you don't have in life...it's time.

Secondly, saying you will go to church or Bible study next week is just an overused excuse and let's be honest, you're probably just saying that to get someone off your case.

Thirdly, how is it that you can't spare five minutes a day or even five minutes a week to read your Bible or worship, but you can spend countless hours binge-watching Netflix? [another major problem of my generation] the time is there but the willpower is not.

I couldn't forget the "I will commit when I'm an adult" you are an adult at 18, right? You want your freedom and money at that age, you want everything an adult has at that age. Why not also want God? Why push him away? If you want to be a successful adult, you NEED God.

Time is short and you might not make it to adulthood. If you could have eternal life in Heaven, why would you dare put that off?

Lastly, the whole "college is my time to do what I want" is possibly the worst thing to say. God granted you the time, the university, and the brains to get into that college. You can't turn God on and off like a light switch.

now

"If we've ever needed You, Lord, it's now, Lord, it's now, We are desperate for Your hand, we're reachin' out, we're reachin' out. All our hearts, all our strength, With all our minds, we're at Your fate, May Your Kingdom come, in our hearts and lives, Let Your Church arise, let Your Church arise!"

We are the church. We are his people. We are called to be his voice. He called on YOU to spread his word to the people around you. YOU are on this earth to impact someone, somewhere, someday. YOU are meant for more than the world can offer, more than a college social reputation can offer, more than anyone in this life can offer. YOU are meant for Jesus.

The time is now, not later, and not when you're older. Today is the youngest you will ever be. Every single day is another day older and closer to the end and guess what, the end isn't up to you or me.

Today, you and I have the chance of eternity with Jesus Christ. TODAY.

"Until the whole world hears, Lord, we are calling out. Lifting up your name for all to hear the sound. Like voices in the wilderness, we're crying out, And as the day draws near. We'll sing until the whole world hears. Lord, let your sleeping giant rise and Catch the demons by surprise. Holy nation sanctified, Let this be our battle cry"

Today can be your battle cry. Today can be your day to gain those cool points with the Lord.

I can promise you that He is the only person that matters in this life.

An old high school coach of mine used to say, "No excuses, do right."

No more excuses should be given to the Lord and to your walk with him. Do right for yourself and most importantly, for God.

When you decide to commit to Christ there is absolutely no turning back.

-words with Roz