5 Awesome Ceramic Cookware Benefits

5 Awesome Ceramic Cookware Benefits

Ceramic Cookware

29

In the past years, most people would think of a stainless steel or non-stick pan first when they look for new cookware to buy and only a few people would think of ceramic cookware. Times have changed and many people look for ceramic cookware as a popular alternative because of the potential risks from using stainless steel and non-stick cookware.

The truth is, ceramic cookware predates modern civilization. About 15,000 years ago, people mix clay with water and other minerals and mold it into pots and other useful shapes. The only drawback that was noted in using ceramic in the past is that it is too fragile. Now, many companies have perfected the technique of creating perfect ceramic cookware.

Ceramic cookware vs Ceramic Coated cookware

Ceramic cookware is a 100% classic ceramic cookware that is made of different minerals, quartz, and clay. The mixture is then hardened into shape with a high-temperature fire and glazed afterward for its water-repellent surface.

Ceramic Coated cookware is mainly made of hard metal and then coated with polymer materials to look like ceramic. This is often called the ceramic non-stick cookware that can be used within 3 to 5 years with proper care.

Benefits of Ceramic Cookware:

Versatile

A product that has multiple uses is a good buy. Ceramic cookware can be used in a variety of ways. It can be used in a grill, oven, stove, microwave, and even in the refrigerator when storing leftovers. There is no need to transfer the food when reheating and putting it back on the refrigerator since ceramic cookware can withstand heat and cold.

Durable

In the early days, the ceramic-made commodity tends to break easily. But because of modern technology, ceramic cookware is made stronger, more durable, and less brittle. It can resist extremely high temperature without decreasing its quality. It is not susceptible to corrosion or rust and it can last for a long time with proper care.

Heat Retention

Even after the heat source is removed, ceramic cookware maintains the heat within its walls and keeps the food hot. With its heat retention ability, there is no need to reheat or keep the food over the fire. This is also great for stews or dishes that best eaten when hot.

PFOA & PTFE Free

Perfluorooctanoic acid or PFOA is a synthetically produced chemical that is used in many cookware to repel water, grease, and food materials from sticking on the cookware's surface. Aside from contaminating the environment, high exposure to this acid can cause different health problems. Instead of PFOA, ceramic cookware is coated with ceramic. A non-toxic solution with the same effect – a non-stick cooking surface that eliminates the need of using oil or butter. And because it is PFOA free, it is more friendly to the environment.

Ceramic cookware does not use Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) or more commonly known as Teflon. PTFE is known to have strong toxic fumes and it is also poisonous to many animals.

Low Maintenance

It is important to keep any cookware clean for hygienic purposes. Because of its non-stick surface, it is easy to clean with just mild soap and warm water. In case food particles get

stuck on it, it can easily be wiped with a cloth. Besides this, there is no need to find specialized utensils because ceramic cookware is resistant to scratches. Any utensils can be used without worry of damaging or scraping its surface although some brands specifically recommend certain types of utensils like those made of bamboo and silicone.

Ceramic cookware is a great buy.

Ceramic cookware is all-around cookware, which means that you don't have to buy a separate kind of cookware for specific kinds of meals. Aside from this, ceramic cookware is relatively affordable even with great quality. It has a lot of benefits and it is a good alternative to the mainstream cookware with the assurance of being 100% toxic free. The next time you need new cookware, be sure to make ceramic cookware your first option!