celebrities famous for nothing

8 People Who Got Famous Because They Were Literally In The Right Place At The Right Time

No talent, no problem.

241

We love to hate them, but somehow we just can't get enough of them. We glorify so many celebrities in Hollywood today, yet do we ever ask ourselves why we're worshiping them? Or how they got famous? I know I don't, but I love a good Kardashian binge-watching sesh.

These celebrities seem to have taken advantage of the good ole American spirit and have managed to become household names by merely being in the right place at the right time. Whether it be for their last name, being cast in a raunchy reality TV show, or knocking up someone famous — where there's a will, there's a way.

No talent, no problem. Here's a list of eight people who got famous because they were literally in the right place at the right time:

1. Kim Kardashian

Ahh... the Kardashians. This family practically invented reality television, taking America by storm with their crazy antics. This family essentially got famous for their family feuds, going back to their "feud" during the O.J. Simpson trial, with late husband Rob Kardashian defending the Juice and the rest of the family siding with Nicole. Oh, and then Kim made a sex tape. There's no denying what this family is capable of, and I can't wait to keep up with it all.

2. Kristin Cavallari

Another famous or maybe infamous reality star. Cavallari earned a reputation as the "mean girl" on MTV's "Laguna Beach" and continued to defend that reputation on the show's spin-off, "The Hills." She then began dating Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler in 2010, and they announced their engagement in April 2011. In typical reality show fashion, they called off the engagement in July 2011, only to reconcile in November. And the "bitch is back" again with the debut of her new E! reality show, Very Cavallari. Not quite sure who's stealing the show this time, Cavallari or Cutler.

3. Amber Rose

Before the fame and fortune, Rose was a 15-year-old stripper from Philly. After a little too much time on the pole, Rose appeared in one of Kanye West's music videos in 2008, then gained more exposure after posing for a Louis Vuitton print ad featuring West's sneaker line. Rose continued to gain notoriety when she began dating Wiz Khalifa in early 2011. The couple got engaged in March 2012, and then married on July 8, 2013. While Rose and Khalifa split in 2014, the model, actress, and talk show host continues to dabble in the rapper pool, with her recent association to 21 Savage. Keep on keepin' on honey.

4. Kevin Federline

I like to refer to people like Federline as members of an elite squad called the "lucky sperm club". Federline came to stardom by knocking up Britney Spears not once, but twice. Before tying the knot to Britney B@$!*, his career began as a backup dancer. Since then, he has dabbled in the music industry as a DJ, rapper, television as an actor and TV personality, as well as a fashion model and even a professional wrestler?? Who knows, but one thing's for sure, he succeeded as a professional baby daddy.

5. Nicole Richie

Nicole Richie may be known for her reality series "The Simple Life," with then-BFF Paris Hilton, but since then Richie has been seen as a fashion designer, author, actress, and television personality. While the celeb status of her father Lionel Richie is to blame for her rise to stardom, most people don't know that the Lionel is not her biological father. Nicole's biological parents agreed to let her move in with the singer as they could no longer financially support her. Lionel and his wife legally adopted Nicole at age nine. If my parents can no longer financially support me, can I put myself up for adoption at the celebrity orphanage?

6. Paris Hilton

Talk about getting famous because they were literally in the right place at the right time. And for Paris, it was in the womb of Kathy Hilton, from father Rick Hilton. Rick Hilton just so happens to be the grandson of Conrad Hilton, the founder of Hilton Hotels. Ahh, we've found ourselves a case of the genetic lottery. Hilton is now an American television personality, socialite, businesswoman, model, and singer (questionable).

7. Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt

Co-stars of previously mentioned celeb Kristin Cavallari, Montag and Pratt also came to fame by their roles on MTV's "The Hills." Viewers got a glimpse of their tumultuous relationship on the show, never failing to bring the drama. Heidi then became the poster child for plastic surgery after undergoing ten different plastic surgery procedures… TEN. After their stint on "The Hills," the couple continued dabbling in the reality television pool, with appearances on "I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!," "Famous Food," and the British version of "Celebrity Big Brother." Good work Speidi.

8. The entire "Jersey Shore" cast

What happens when you put eight guidos into one house for the summer? Vodka, fake tans, hookups, hangovers, and endless drama. While the cast evolved over time, we can't forget about the Jersey Shore OGs Pauly D, Vinny, Ronnie, Snooki, JWoww, the Situation, and Sammi. The show went on to do six seasons and spurred a spin-off series "Jersey Shore: Family Vacation," airing in April 2018. The fame brought upon each cast member is undeniable. I'd love to get famous for my crazy nights in the club and Oompa Loompa spray tans. Better orange than pale I always say. GTL, baby.