8 Ways To Celebrate National Women's Friendship Day This Year

Celebrate all of your lovely woman friends this Sunday, September 19th!

1586
Photo by mentatdgt on Pexels

National Women's Friendship Day began in 1999 thanks to the Kappa Delta Sorority. This holiday, while not necessarily recognized by the United States government as a national holiday, is an opportunity to extend gratitude to the women who support us through thick and thin, lift us up during our highs, hold our hands during our lows, and so much more.

I have a lot of women in my life that have helped me get to where I am today, women whom I don't know what I'd do without. Here are eight ways to celebrate all those awesome women in your life!

1. Hugs

A hug is a great way to express love and gratitude, and you never know which of your friends might need one!

2. Post-it notes

If you live with some girls you are very grateful for, leave little notes around your home reminding them of how amazing they are and how much they mean to you.

3. Send a card

A sweet and handwritten note can go a long way to remind your friends how important they are!

4. Call them

One of my favorite things to do while I am away from home is call my mom, who is my best girl friend ever. It always makes me feel better and closer to home.

5. Send a cute text

Nothing makes me smile like a sweet and heartfelt text from someone I haven't heard from in a while.

6. Pray

If you are into praying, now is a great opportunity to thank whoever you pray to for all the amazing women they have blessed your life with. I know that on this National Women's Friendship Day I will be thanking God and talking to all the strong women from my life who have passed on.

7. Flowers

Everyone loves to get flowers!

8. Brunch

Brunch is just a cute and fun way to get your girl gang together and celebrate the fact that you all get to be in each other's lives.