Black Friday

Black Friday

Braving the chaos

3

During my time with family over the Thanksgiving holiday, we decided to try our luck against the masses at the outlet malls in Georgia. It was absolute chaos, but I had my buddy Grizzly there with me so we stuck it out together.

I am not someone who typically enjoys shopping on a normal day, let alone with all the craziness that comes with Black Friday shopping. I am a very big fan of online shopping and so "Cyber Monday" is more my speed. That is when I like to purchase all the Christmas gifts for my family and friends, without ever having to leave the comfort of my home or sweatpants. But we grow as people by trying new things and so this year we went a different route.

The family and I woke up early in an attempt, that I later realized was delusional, to beat the crowds to the Tanger Outlets. Our caravan arrived at the outlet mall around 8:30 a.m. and it was clear that we were already well behind the curve, as shoppers were already swarming. Immediately my mother and grandmother began acting as if we were on some military operation, pointing out objectives and checkpoints to us, explaining rendezvous points. All the while all I can manage to think about is finding a good bench so that Grizzly and I can ride out the next few hours in some peace. I was sorely mistaken.

The family continued there venture, making the slow and steady trip around the horseshoe shaped outlet mall. I am almost certain that there is not a store that was missed by my family that day. All in all it turned out to be a good day, the sun was shining and I got to pick out some Christmas presents. I won't be able to see them for another few weeks but at least I know that I won't be opening up a package to yet another pair of socks, something that I already have far too much of. Be appreciative folks.

Til next time.