Bill Cosby Just Received A Sentence And As A Woman, I Am NOT Happy
Health Wellness

Bill Cosby Just Received His Sentence And As A Woman, I Think It's A Joke

Ladies and Gentlemen, "justice" is served.

568
https://www.flickr.com/photos/wacphiladelphia/6344429336

It's hard to forget just how much public figure Bill Cosby changed in the public eye just a few years ago when he was accused of sexually assaulting and drugging sixty women.

Let that sink in. Sixty. Women.

Some of these women waited FIFTEEN YEARS to come forward because they were afraid of how the public eye would perceive what he did. Some people ask why they waited so long to voice these acts and the answer is plain and simple, the times have finally started changing. Before the courts would keep things quiet, make the women agree to a deal, and actually sweep it under the rug with an NDR but no more.

Right after his sentencing, Judge Steven T. O'Neill stated to Cosby, "It's time for justice, Mr. Cosby, this has all circled back to you. The time has come."

Well, no shit.

Why is it that sixty women, who were sexually assaulted and drugged, had to deal with the traumatic experience that was forced upon them for fifteen years only to see their attacker laugh as he was slapped on the wrist and given a minimum sentence of three to ten years?! It's because of three ridiculously archaic reasons: 1) Bill Cosby is a man. 2) the man is eighty-one years old and 3) he's famous.

Excuse me while I call BULLSHIT because this is absolutely unacceptable. If he serves the minimum sentence, he will only be serving eighteen days per victim. Eighteen days for every tear that was shed, for every foggy memory, and for every bruise left on those women who, without their permission, was taken advantage of sexually.

The fact that the attacker is Bill Cosby shouldn't mean a thing in the courtroom. The fact that he is a man shouldn't mean a thing. And the fact that he is a famous comedian shouldn't mean a thing either.

The only thing that should matter in that courtroom is the pain he inflicted on those women and that they had to wait so long to see "justice" served.

Shame on Judge O'Neill. Shame on the jury. And shame on the judicial system.

I am only filled with sadness that the victims, in this case, are filled with relief because they waited so long for him to pay for the crimes he committed and he's only going to be serving TEN YEARS AT MOST.

These victims have been traumatized, disrespected, and made into victims all because a man didn't understand consent and how to be a decent human being. I hope they change his sentence and I hope the almighty, laughing, rapist Bill Cosby feels every bit of pain those women felt because frankly, I don't care that you're a man, I don't care that you're famous, I don't care that you're Bill Cosby.

I only care about those women and their pain and the justice they deserve.