Ways to make the best student organization

8 Ways To Make Your Student Organization The Best One On Campus

Nothing attracts college students to a campus event like free food.

32
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkhVkX5nwFg/?hl=en&tagged=studentorganization
Instagram

As president of my school's French Club, I'm constantly coming up with ideas to keep the club fresh and attract new members. With so many different student organizations around campus, you have to go above and beyond to make yours stand out. Here are eight tips to help you make your student organization the hottest club on campus!

1. Advertise!

Put flyers all over campus. Post all about your meetings on social media. Make announcements in relevant classes. Do anything you can to make sure everybody knows that your club exists.

2. Be active on social media.

Once you've gained followers, make sure you keep them! Post frequently on your club's Facebook to keep both current members and alumni engaged and up-to-date with the club's events.

3. Host a mixer with another club.

One great way to encourage new people to join your organization is to reach out to other organizations. Host a joint meeting so that members of both clubs can see what the other club is all about.

4. Perform community outreach.

Bring your club off campus to help serve your school's community. This is a great way to gain a positive reputation, not only for your club, but for your whole school.

5. Network with professors.

Many student organizations have a faculty advisor, but it helps to reach out to other professors in the department. They can help spread the word about your club and help you plan some awesome events.

6. Invite guest speakers.

Even if your club isn't academic, having guest speakers at your meetings is still a great way to network.

7. Branch out.

Instead of meeting in an empty classroom every week, get off campus for a change of pace. My club meets every other week at a coffee shop right off campus. It's a great way to shake things up every once in a while.

8. Provide food.

Nothing attracts college students to a campus event like the words "Free Food". Take advantage of this.