Where To Find The Best Margaritas And Guacamole In Dallas

Highlighting the top three best places in Dallas for your favorite Tex-Mex.

155
Where Traveler

The combination of margaritas and guacamole may be the most infamous duo in the food world.

In fact, the relationship between the two could even be equated to that of Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively, potentially the most perfect and best-looking celebrity couple since Brangelina's recent split. And Dallas, being one of the nations most diverse hubs for just about everything, food included, has a plethora of options for avid Tex-Mex lovers such as myself. Below, I’m counting down the top three favorite spots for Dallas locals to get the most flavorful guac and strongest margs, just in time to celebrate dia de los muertos on November 1.

You're welcome.

3. Blue Goose Cantina – Lower Greenville

Located in the funky, upbeat area of Dallas, Lower Greenville, Blue Goose Cantina uses all natural and fresh, local ingredients in all of their dishes, their guacamole included. Served alongside their fajitas, quesadillas and pretty much everything else on the menu, it’s made with onions, lime juice and diced tomato, making it the perfect consistency – an impeccable compromise between smooth and chunky.

While their margarita selection may seem limited and simple, with only swirl, mango, strawberry and original to choose from, each one delivers powerful amounts of flavor and alcohol (and what could be better?), and all can be served either frozen or on the rocks.

Blue Goose provides customers with fun atmosphere, killer food and drinks, and reasonable prices, making it a top-notch spot to take your friends and family (well, maybe not your parents) on Tequila Tuesday.

2. Rusty Taco - Greenville Avenue

A quick and cheap place to grab a bite to eat and still get your drink on, Rusty Taco offers patrons a plethora of taco choices, perfect to pair with their homemade guacamole. Chunkier than your typical guac, Rusty Taco adds dashes of chopped cilantro and paprika to their recipe, and at only $3.25 for a side with chips, the price is unbeatable.

At $5 a piece, there margaritas "are made with cheap tequila" and come either frozen or on the rocks, with a rim of salt and a lime wedge, and while they're not the fanciest of them all, there's no competition for their cheap price tag.

1. Meso Maya - Uptown

While Meso Maya sports a slight more upscale atmosphere and menu than the previous Tex-Mex spots, their offerings are definitely worth the up-charge. At $9 for an appetizer, their guac, made fresh daily, consists of white onions, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice and Oaxacan sea salt (it even sounds fancy, doesn't it?). With a smooth consistency and loads of flavor, it's perfect to spread on their house-made chips and dollop on one of their many tacos or enchiladas.

Meso Maya sets itself apart with its unique margaritas; the Avocado with fresh squeezed pineapple and lime juices, triple sec, casa noble crystal and fresh, muddled avocado (duh). Frequenters also love the Serrano Berry made with muddled strawberries, Serrano pepper, tequila blanco and fresh lime juice.

If you're not hungry yet, you really should go see a doctor and get your head examined. If you are, get geared up and ready for Tequila Tuesday and a night out at one of these Dallas favorites.