8 Ways Holly Golightly Is Just Like Us

8 Holly Golightly Tendencies That The Best People Have

She's a misunderstood character whom I admire dearly.

84
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Flickr

I am a total "Breakfast at Tiffany's" girl. I have watched this movie more times than I can count. I just love it so much but, whenever other people talk about the movie they just do not understand Holly Golightly like I do. Here is why we should all admire Holly Golightly.

1. She loves to sleep just like all of us.

media.giphy.com

I feel this scene every time I watch it. Holly made sure she got her beauty sleep and she did it in the most iconic nightgown, sleep mask and earplugs. She was in such a deep sleep her cat had to wake her up and didn't even know what day it was when she was awake. This scene is everyone's mood waking up for work.

2. She window shops at Tiffany's as much as we do.

media.giphy.com

Us girls love receiving or buying ourselves that little blue box but, sometimes our wallet doesn't. Good thing it doesn't hurt to look in store or online! Holly was always window shopping and talking about Tiffany's. The only time she went there in the movie she was trying to spend less than $10... which only gets you one drink at the Blue Box Cafe today.

3. Holly is our inner daredevil.

media.giphy.com

She was not afraid to go on adventures and have fun. Paul and her went to the 5 and 10 cents store to successfully steal face masks for fun and threw wild parties in her apartment that she had to sneak out of. This day in age we forget to let go and have fun because we are so attached to our phones. Now I'm not saying to throw a wild party like how her's were but, just put down the phone and let loose.

4. She sees the beauty in the simple things.

media.giphy.com

New York was her place to run away. She saw a beauty in starting her new life in the big city in her beautiful townhouse (which is under construction in real life but still amazing) and always adventuring in it.

5. She loves to get dressed up.

media.giphy.com

Holly always wore the most divine outfits. She could get ready in less than two minutes and make it look like it took her an hour to get ready. I wish I could do this but, it takes me more than two minutes to even get out of bed...

6. She's not perfect.

media.giphy.com

Holly definitely had some inner demons that she struggled with daily. She tried to just run away from her problems multiple times which is something a lot of us struggle with. Holly had her moments but she is inspiring because she was stronger than those problems of hers. Realizing she made a mistake letting Paul and Cat go at the end caused her to come back to her New York life.

7. She was very brutally honest.

media.giphy.com

While she was on the hunt to marry the richest man she could find, she was not ashamed. Holly knew that this was how she was going to live the beautiful life she dreamed of but, the man who could make her just as happy with not as much money was right in front of her. She was honest and humble with her plans even though we all may not agree with her. This is something to learn from because sometimes we do things but, don't own them. You should always own up to what you're doing because if you're ashamed of it... you probably shouldn't be doing it.

8. All along, she just wanted to start over and be loved.

media.giphy.com

Holly and Paul ("Fred") were the ultimate goals in their good moments. He was not going to give up on her even though she was giving up on herself. I need a sequel about Holly, Paul and Cat.

Holly Golightly will always be in my heart and Breakfast at Tiffany's will forever be my favorite movie. The hidden messages and life lessons are golden from 1961 to forever.