5 Reasons You Should Get A Dog

These 5 Reasons Will Have You Driving To The Shelter To Get A Dog Right Now

Having a cute furry companion by your side will keep you in a cheerful mood and help you stay active.

47
Dawn Robertson

Do you ever feel like you need a good companion to share all your problems with, or wanted someone to do daily activities or post cute pictures with? A dog is the perfect solution to all of these. Having a sweet, furry, four-legged friend that is always available for cuddling and comforting you in times of sadness is ideal for a lifetime of happiness. Yes at times they can be a little too hyper and mess up a few things around the house but there are still many benefits towards getting this playful pet.

1. They are perfect exercise buddies.

c1.staticflickr.com

We can all admit that at times it's hard to stay motivated when exercising but since dogs need to be walked daily, having one will determine you to get out there and stay active. If you want to go walking, hiking, running or biking but you don't like to do it alone you can bring your dog along with you and the experience will be much more enjoyable. Not only is it beneficial for you but your dog gets to stretch its legs and bond with you while doing so.

2. They are there for you when you're feeling down.

upload.wikimedia.org

In times of sadness, stress, or even anger loving on your dog and letting your dog love on you will cheer you up instantly. After a long day when coming home, they are there at your service to lick your face and love on you. Also if you are in desperate need of ranting to someone and your in no way interested of being judged, you can go on a tangent to your dog while they sit and listen.

3. They can help you meet new people.

upload.wikimedia.org

When walking down the street with your cute furry friend many people will want to come up and pet your dog for a few minutes. When doing so, you can engage in conversations with them about your dog's name, if they have any pets, and so on. In some instances, you will meet some really interesting people and if they have a dig as well, you can meet up with them and introduce your pets to each other.

4. They are always down for cute pictures.

c1.staticflickr.com

We can all agree that a picture is a million times better if there is a cute little animal in the shot. You can take selfies, get them in the backdrop of your artsy outdoor photos, or even take a snapshot of them when they're looking super adorable one day. You can post them on social media and make everyone jealous that you have such a cute best friend.

5. You will develop an unbreakable bond with them.

After spending every day with your dog they will become a significant part of your life. When exercising, ranting, socializing, and taking photographs with them you will become very valuable to each other and you will get excited when seeing them every day. They are the ones that are there for you when no one else is and will be with you when you go through life-changing alterations. They obey you and consider you their best friend and more importantly, they consider you family. They don't judge you no matter what decisions you make and are always around to show you love and support. Dogs are the perfect pet for benefiting you physically and mentally.