Because self confidence is sexy

Because self confidence is sexy

And as a woman, I want us all to love ourselves a little bit more today.

9201
Because self confidence is sexy

Women have such high standards to live up to today. We’re expected to do and be so much. The great Tina Fey said “Every girl is expected to have Caucasian blue eyes, full Spanish lips, a classic button nose, hairless Asian skin with a California tan, a Jamaican dance hall ass, long Swedish legs, small Japanese feet, the abs of a lesbian gym owner, the hips of a nine-year-old boy, the arms of Michelle Obama, and doll tits. The person closest to actually achieving this look is Kim Kardashian, who, as we know, was made by Russian scientists to sabotage our athletes." This quote is not only hilarious, but also incredibly true! How many of you feel insecure every time you walk on campus, or every time you walk into a party? Even the girls you think are perfect are insecure. Everyone has flaws. Sure some flaws may be more exaggerated than others, but that doesn’t mean that the girl still feels bad about them. My point here is that it doesn’t matter how “perfect” you are, what matters most is how “perfect” you feel.

In a world that’s moving so fast, it’s important to slow down and focus on what’s important. We become so focused on other people, on other things. If you think about it, we’re actually a very selfless society. We’re constantly worried about other people—family, friends, loved ones. And we all get so wrapped up in our significant others. It’s great to have someone to talk to at the end of the day, but, you can’t forget about yourself. I mean somebody has to take of you and your body, right? Okay, so why does it matter if you love yourself? If you just walk around with your body and your mind and not be happy with it, are you going to be a happy person?? There’s a very large chance the answer is no. Do you want to be happy? …. Well, then listen to what i’m saying here guys.

It’s 8:00 a.m. Time to get up for class and get ready for the day. You go to the mirror. “Wow i look good” (sarcastic tone), you think. You decide to just throw on some sweatpants and grab something quick for breakfast, like a pop tart or something. And then you’re out the door. You’re on the bus and thinking “please no one pay attention to me” “I don’t want anyone to notice me today.” Then you walk on campus with your blinders on, making sure not to draw any attention to yourself. You go your whole day trying to be unnoticed, hidden from the world. Did you notice something about this routine? Where was the positivity in it, where is the self-love? Where’s the consideration for your body? There’s nooooo love here guys. Now what if you got up in the morning, told yourself “damn i look great,” and actually meant it, put on a rockin’ outfit, ate a nutritious and tasty breakfast, and told yourself, “i’m gonna kick this day’s ass.” Your day would be completely different. I promise. By doing these things you’re setting yourself up for success. By looking good and giving yourself a nutritious breakfast, you’re showing that you love yourself. The way you treat and think about yourself has such an impact on your success and future.

So where do you begin if you’re completely unsatisfied with your body, your looks, your personality? Start with small changes then. If you’re unhappy with your weight and the way you feel because of it, do something about it. And no, don’t just say you’re going to do something, actually do something. But, it’s also important to remember that even though you’re not satisfied right now, you’re still beautiful. You’re still capable, you still have amazing things to offer. You’re a human being, that’s something beautiful just in itself! It’s so crucial to keep this in your mind— you will always be you. Stop wishing you were someone else— (this is something i’ve been guilty of way too many times). It’s easy to look at celebrities and try to mirror them or get down on yourself because you aren’t and never will be them. Well, that’s because you. are. you.

Okay, I want you to look in the mirror. Look at your face and your body. Notice all the things you love about yourself. Notice the things you don’t like. Now, instead of endlessly body shaming yourself. Turn those negative thoughts into positive thoughts, find the bright side of them. Say you have some extra belly fat, (big whoop) look at the bright side—belly fat is a comfortable cushion! It’s little silly things like that that will make it seem like less of a big deal. The more you practice small exercises like this the more it will boost your confidence.

So as women, i want us all to love ourselves a little bit more today. Go look in the mirror right now. Every square inch of you is gorgeous, and don’t ever let anyone tell you that it’s not.