Attention: Must Love Dogs

Attention: Must Love Dogs

Forget diamonds, i'll take all the dogs

9
Attention: Must Love Dogs

A little "letter" of appreciation for my dogs and all the others out there. 

Yes, you have probably heard this before, how a dog is a person's best friend. A tiresome line, but entirely true. A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves its owner(s) more than itself. I know I would take a dog (or more than one) over a diamond any day. It is difficult to truly understand the impact a dog has on your life until you have your own-this was especially the case for me.

Yes, I had been around other dogs before, enjoying the cuteness and admiring their excitement at anything around them. It wasn't until my two dogs, Gunnar and Lyla came into my life. Once I had my own, it was very easy to understand the love and the need for a dog in my life. It was the answer I didn't know that I needed- a furry, four-legged answer. They bring pure happiness to any moment- not knowing the true impact they make in your daily life.

These adorable creatures are truly amazing, being able to sense fear, excitement and sadness. I can't tell you how many times they have lapped up my tears and snuggled the sad out of me. You, their owner, are their entire life and being. They wait for you to come home, to wake up, play and most importantly-to love. Let me tell you, there is almost nothing better than being greeted by your dog(s) when you come home-every time is as if you've been gone forever. Their affection and love can be as therapeutic as an appointment with a therapist (for me anyways).

Yes there can be times when they can get on your nerves, but just remember their entire life is dedicated to you. Every event is an adventure to them, maybe we should be more like them in that aspect. Every walk, game of fetch, run around the yard is pure adventure and excitement for them. Try not to take it for granted, and remember in moments of frustration that they won't be here forever. My biggest wish is that I could keep them here forever, they are a best friend, a guardian and a life saver. We truly don't deserve dogs, as they can be better than most people, but we sure are lucky to love them.