Ashley Graham's Plus Size Barbie Doll

Ashley Graham's Plus Size Barbie Doll

Finally! Am I right?

498
Ashley Graham's Plus Size Barbie Doll
New York Mag

Mattel recently released a Barbie doll representing the plus size model, Ashley Graham.

When the doll was revealed to Graham, she lifted the doll's skirt to reveal that the Barbie's thighs were touching. This was Graham's most important request -- to not have a thigh gap.

The plus size model has been flooded with emails from fans rejoicing over the realistic doll. Many praised they were happy to have a doll that finally represented them.

“They’re seeing somebody who appreciates the things about their own bodies that haven’t been celebrated, like cellulite and back fat,” Graham said. “These women never had a curvy role model growing up who not only looked like them, but was also outspoken about what they go through.”

Barbie's brand, Mattel, has been criticized for the slim body shape of their dolls. Earlier this year, the company has made great strides to include all body shapes -- including tall, petite, and curvy girls.

The one-of-a-kind doll was made to the model's measurements.

Graham's doll include rounded hips, round arms, and of course, thighs that touch. The doll features an outfit Graham wore.

Unfortunately, the doll is not for sale. With enough demand, the doll could hit shelves soon.

Even if the doll never hits shelves, this is a big step for plus sized women. With media often only representing thin women, this lets young audiences know that it is okay to be plus size.

Now children everywhere can play with a doll that actually looks like them. The doll sends a message to everyone that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes.