Artist Spotlight: Sarah Barrios

Artist Spotlight: Sarah Barrios

A look at how a Connecticut native is shaking up the music scene.
7

Sarah Barrios is a rising star straight out of Torrington, Ct. Sarah was 13 years old when she wrote her very first song. Since then, she knew she wanted to make music a part of her everyday life. Her unique voice and pop/indy vibes made that wish possible. In 2014 Sarah won the title of The New England Music Award's "Best New Act of the Year". in 2015, she was then nominated for "Best Female Performer of the Year."

Sarah didn't stop there, though. In 2016, Barrios was one of the top five finalists out of 14,000 in the Guitar Center's National Singer/Songwriter Competition. She was then flown to LA to perform at the Troubadour in West Hollywood.

In her musical career, Sarah has gotten the opportunity to perform with acts such as Melanie Martinez, Nick Fradiani, Christina Grimmie and many others. She is currently working on some new music while still making time to play shows, record covers, and she even created a vlog on her YouTube channel. Although her schedule is busy, she still makes time to connect with her fans through her videos and through her social media.

I had the privilege of seeing Sarah live, back in July. Let me tell you, she was incredible. You not only heard the passion in her voice but you could see it as she connected with the crowd. She made sure that every person felt comfortable and was having a good time. It's amazing to see an artist make a connection with the crowd on the stage, but what's even more amazing is the connection she made with the crowd off the stage.

When Sarah was done on stage she made time to wander the crowd to meet new and old fans. She's a hardworking, dedicated and talented musician. Make sure you get out and see her live at least once, you won't regret it.

You can check out Sarah's music on Itunes.