Masks Aren’t As Effective As You Think They Are And If You Still Wear One, You’re Virtue-Signaling

Here come all of the "maskholes"...

39
Photo by Brian Asare on Unsplash

Wear a mask, wear a mask, wear a mask. It's apart of every PSA when it comes to COVID-19. It has been said that if you wear a mask, you not only do it to protect yourself but those around you. If you don't wear a mask, you'll either labeled a "murderer" or a "superspreader."

Well, I have bad news for all of the pro-maskers out there: some masks are effective while others are not.

Before you call me "anti-mask" or "anti-science," there's scientific proof to back up this claim.

According to the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, wearing a mask that isn't an N95, won't be as effective at preventing the spread of COVID-19. The study also stated that the air inside the mask is stale and in filtering particles, it's tougher to breathe with the mask on. Wearing a mask can potentially cause health problems as well. Wearing a mask increases the dryness of the mouth, which can decrease the production of saliva. It can also lead to receding gum lines, decaying teeth, and sour breath. In the most serious of cases, gum disease will increase the risk of heart attacks and lead to strokes. Other risks include but aren't limited to are, difficulty to communicate properly, the potential development of skin problems from long-wearing, and creating issues for waste management.

If the public is told to mask up, what type of mask should you wear? According to an experiment conducted by Duke University, the medical N95 mask came in the first place while the surgical masks came in second. The bandana and neck gaiter were in the bottom two when it came to mask-wearing. The N95 mask and surgical mask obviously make sense because they're used by frontline workers but bandanas and neck gaiters are just useless pieces of fabric worn by people who want that extra sense of security.

If all of these problems arise from wearing a mask, why are we, the public still being told to wear one? I'll tell you the REAL reason why. It's not about public safety or health, it's more about the government wanting unlimited power and control over the people.

Early on in the pandemic, America's premier doctor, Anthony Fauci, said that a mask wasn't needed to slow the spread of COVID-19. He said, "that wearing a mask might make people feel a little better and it might block out a droplet but it doesn't provide the perfect protection." He also said that masks should be worn by people who are actually sick to prevent them from infecting someone else. This flip-flop on "only sick people should wear masks," to "every healthy person must wear a mask to slow the spread" is a part of that unlimited power and control.

During this pandemic, state governments (particularly in blue states) have implemented draconian measures in order to "slow the spread," one of those measurements being mandatory mask-wearing. The social justice types (particularly those on the left) always talk about "follow the science" but the science behind mask-wearing apparently doesn't sit right with them.

Look, if you still want to wear your mask, more power to you but don't lose your mind when you see someone walking around maskless. You don't know what medical conditions that person has that prevents them from wearing a mask. They might have PTSD, Autism, or any other medical condition that excuses them from mask-wearing. Like I wrote earlier, wearing a mask blocks out a droplet but it gives off a false sense of security. You may feel a little bit safer but you come off as a virtue-signaling prick while wearing a mask. You're indirectly saying, "Look at me! I'm doing my part by wearing a face covering that will make myself sick while trying to prevent sickness!"

Listen, I'm NOT a scientist by any means, I'm just a frustrated person that's tired of hearing of the propaganda surrounding mask-wearing.

People who have medical conditions and those who know that mask-wearing is nonsense is being labeled as "anti-mask." Can we just move on with our lives without arguing about what's on our face?