Another Article Written In An NYC Starbucks

After a month-and-a-half of interning, working, and living my best life in this wonderful city.

23
Krisztina Papp

I am starting to see a trend with the articles I continuously write in Starbucks—but there's something so special about Starbucks in the city. I'm not sure if it is the vast amount of people circulating in and out of the store with venti macchiatos, iced matcha lattes (which is what I am currently sipping on), and coffees in their hands, or the beautiful views while looking outwards from the Starbucks windows. What I do know is that it has been a very busy past few weeks, and I have a lot to vent out into the universe.

As mentioned in previous articles, I have been spending my summer interning at Rebecca Minkoff and working at Coach. Alongside these two positions, I have been attending fashion shows as a backstage crew member—another of which is tomorrow—and working hard to set aside time to see friends and experience as much as I can of this beautiful city. While here, I have made many, many new connections—and have just told myself to let go and just live.

I am currently looking at three-and-a-half weeks left in the city, and it makes me extremely sad to acknowledge that in less than a month this amazing experience will come to an end. I have been working extremely hard to dip my feet into as many things possible that will push my career in fashion, and I have no regrets with how things are going so far.

The reason I have been living with no regrets in this city stems from the effort I have been putting in to maximize every hour of each day while grasping as many experiences as possible. While working nearly seven days a week, these past few weeks were filled with an amazing day of NYC World Pride (my first Pride experience in NYC), catching up with old friends who had happened to be in the city for the summer or were visiting the city, working on an Express and TOM's campaign, working on model shoots and another amazing experiences with my internship, and warming up to the environment I have been in for a month and a half.

I began to realize how strong the connections I have made in the city have grown since moving here when one of my friends from my internship recently left for a vacation. While recognizing that I will only see her for a few days when she returns because I will then have to leave to head back to Syracuse University, I was able to understand that I have already met such amazing people—leaving me very excited about the connections I make while I move to the city after college.

After thinking about the article content I would like to continue to produce, I have come to the realization that updating my readers on what I learn as I embark on these new experiences is something I want people to read. As I step into these next few weeks of my summer in NYC, I will make sure to update you on where things go from here. Although I do not want this summer to end, I am very excited about what these next few weeks will bring.