An Open Letter To The Professors At Lee University

To the amazing people who prepare us for our future in and out of the classroom.

33
Best Counseling Degrees

Maybe I'm a little biased, or maybe I am just being honest. Lee University is home to the best professors in the entire world, and I am sure of it. It is a blessing to attend a school that chooses professors carefully, and for as small as Lee is, it is awesome to never feel as if I am overshadowed in a classroom. I have the ability to form a relationship with my professors, and it's nice to know that I have people in life who are able to hold me to my standard of how I should be performing in the classroom while being intentional.

So here's to you, Lee University professors:

You are the best of the best. Thank you for caring so much about your students. It's such a privilege to come into a classroom where our teachers are allowed and encouraged to fellowship and pray with us. Thank you for seeing us as people and understanding that we are not perfect. Thank you for working with us as much as you possibly can. Thank you for genuinely caring about us. Thank you for loving your career.

Thank you for letting us be stressed out, but telling us not to worry. Thank you for letting us cry in your office. Thank you for being a true model of how God uses people in the smallest of ways. Thank you for caring enough about our learning to put your weight at the classroom door before you enter. Thank you for making us feel welcome at Lee.

Thank you for having a good attitude on the bad days and celebrating with us on the good days. Thank you for encouraging the students to find their calling and to do what they love. Thank you for having a life when you leave your office. Thank you for being a mom, dad, aunt, uncle, grandmother, or grandfather. Thank you for understanding what's most important in life. Thank you for answering the call that God has for your life.

Thank you for encouraging us to be leaders, givers, and genuine. Thank you for inspiring us with your ministry and dedication to serve those around you. Thank you for consistently making the effort. Thank you for wanting the best for us, and for pointing us to a God who wants the best for us, too. Thank you for sometimes being our "at school parents" and sometimes being the fun aunt/uncle. Thank you for being the best, even though we don't always voice that. You have all impacted lives during your time at Lee, and the students of Lee University are forever grateful.

With all our love and appreciation,

Lee University Students