An Open Letter To My Part-Time Friend

An Open Letter To My Part-Time Friend

We all want to be appreciated within our friendships.

466
An Open Letter To My Part-Time Friend
via Pinterest

Dear Part-Time Friend,

Although I can’t say I don’t miss you, because I do, I have learned so many things about friendships from you. The real problem here is that you don’t miss me. Even if you do a little, it isn’t enough. There was a time in our friendship that I felt we were strong and stable, that our memories would last a lifetime. These memories vanished with tired excuses and exclusive plans made with other people. With time comes change. Timecan be a major distraction when there isn’t much of it. We get so busy with our own separate lives. Sometimes, we forget all about the people who haven’t forgotten us. The ones that have been there for us. The ones who should be important. Someone once told me that it’s all about differences within values, and now that I look at it from that very same perspective, it makes complete sense.

It is important to make each of your friends just as important as the other ones. While I have made time for you and have put effort into this friendship, I don’t feel like you have done so for me. If you have done this for me, you certainly do not anymore. I can feel that uncomfortable atmosphere surrounding us each time we meet. It is never going to be the same. It’s only this way because of you. You had a trustworthy, positive, supportive friend, and you threw that away without any given reason. Maybe for you, it was so easy to give up on this friendship. However, I can't say the same for myself. Every chance you got, you instilled the hope of friendship that was never really there.

While you have gone through many things that I was there to support you for, I can’t think of a single instance when you were there for me. Our friendship has diminished because you have only made me important to an extent that is now depressingly nonexistent. Friends make time for each other, even with their busy schedules and chaotic lives. You didn’t have to sacrifice time, you just had to make it work with me. I did it for you. It is easy for me to instantly see your plans made without me or within the casual conversations we have. I now realize that if I had been as important to you as I had made you, this would have been a full-time friendship, not a part-timeone.

Sincerely,

The full-time friend who cared.

P.S. Make time for those who make you important. At the end of the day, they are the ones there for you, respect you and care for you. If you keep this up, you will keep losing valuable friends.