Allergy Types, Causes, Symptoms & Treatment: Dr. Naval Parikh

The allergy season is just around the corner and many people are wondering what can be done

21

The allergy season is just around the corner and many people are wondering what can be done to relieve allergy symptoms.

In this article we will discuss allergy types, allergy causes, allergy symptoms as well as treatments for allergies by Dr. Naval Parikh.

What is an Allergy?

An allergy is a disorder or hypersensitivity of the immune system that causes reactions to normally harmless substances in the environment such as pollen, bee venom, and food.

An allergy is a hypersensitive or abnormal reaction of the immune system to certain substances called allergens.

Types of Allergies

There are several allergy types listed below:

1. Seasonal allergies (hay fever)

This allergy is commonly called hay fever. It occurs when the immune system overreacts to allergy-triggering substances in the air, such as pollen or mold spores.

2. Food allergy

This allergy is an immune system reaction that occurs soon after eating or drinking a specific food.

3. Drug allergy

This allergy is an immune system reaction that occurs soon after taking a medicine or receiving medical treatment.

4. Insect allergy

This allergy is an immune system reaction that occurs soon after being bitten by certain insects.

There are many other types of allergy not listed above. But these are some of the most common allergy types.

Causes of Allergies

There are many allergy causes but some of the allergy causes include:

1.Pollen

2.Dust or mold spores

3.Cigarette smoke

4.Pet dander (dried saliva, urine, and skin flakes) from cats, dogs, birds, and other pets.

5.Family history may play a role. If your parents have allergies, then you are more likely to develop them too.

Symptoms of Allergies

An allergy symptom is an uncomfortable feeling or physical reaction caused by exposure to an allergen.

There are many allergy symptoms listed below:

1.Skin problems such as hives, rashes, and eczema (atopic dermatitis)

2.Sneezing

3.Watery, red eyes

4.Stuffy nose (nasal allergy)

5.Coughing or wheezing

Treatment for Allergies By Dr. Naval Parikh

There are several allergy treatments available such as:

1. Allergy Medications

These allergy medications block allergy symptoms caused by histamine release.

These allergy medications include decongestants, antihistamines, corticosteroids (steroid shots), leukotriene modifiers and nasal sprays to treat allergies.

2. Allergy Shots

Allergy shots are also known as desensitization or immunotherapy. Allergy shots are allergy treatments that help the body to develop immunity against allergy-triggering substances over time by exposing you to very small amounts of allergen in increasing doses during allergy treatment sessions with an allergy specialist (allergist).

3. Allergy Drops

Allergy drops are also known as sublingual immunotherapy or SLIT for short.

Allergy drops are allergy treatments that help the body to develop immunity against allergy-triggering substances over time by exposing you to very small amounts of allergen in increasing doses under your tongue during allergy treatment.

The Expertise of Dr. Naval Parikh

Dr. Naval Parikh is a board-certified internist located in the Boca Raton/Deerfield Beach area that specializes in allergy treatments for many allergy types including seasonal allergies, food allergy, drug allergy and insect allergy by using sublingual immunotherapy drops or allergy shots under your tongue.

Dr. Naval Parikh is an allergy specialist and treats all types of allergy conditions such as eczema, hives or rashes, nasal allergy (stuffy nose), sneezing and watery eyes due to allergies by Dr. Naval Parikh using allergy medications that include decongestants, antihistamines, corticosteroids (steroid shots), leukotriene modifiers or allergy drops under your tongue.

For more information, please contact:

Naval Parikh Clinic:

Address: 1 West Sample Road, Suite 201. Deerfield Beach, Florida. 33064.

Phone : (954) 782–3170

Website :