All Nations Matter

All Nations Matter

Islam does not equal terrorism

8
All Nations Matter
www.truesides.com

Terrorism is any attack on people that instills fear, causes chaos, and causes loss of order and life, so why don’t we hear about every attack that happens around the world?

Everyone remembers the Paris attack that occurred months ago, and the recent Nice attack is still fresh in the minds of �many in which a crazed man drove a van into a street full of people who celebrating Bastille day, killing and injuring hundreds. We remember this because it was prominent on daily news networks and all around social media. There were many posts supporting France, praying for Nice, and the US offered support.I am not trying to undermine the seriousness of the France’s situation or take away from the importance of the lives lost, but it has come to my attention that the acts of terrorism which occur in western countries receive the most attention.

Since social media circulates these stories more than other attacks, and let's face it, social media is the channel through which most people get their news, these stories are the ones receiving support and prayerful posts. Amidst all the attention, people forget that there is a world beyond the Western Hemisphere.

Far fewer have heard of the terrorist attack in Bangladesh that happened almost a month ago and killed and injured many, or the attack in Saudi Arabia around the same. Many people haven’t even heard of the terrorist attack in Baghdad a month ago, which resulted in the death of more than 300 people. The attack might have been the worst one thus far, followed by additional attacks,yet only few offered prayers or words of support through social media platforms despite the loss of human life and the grief that followed the attack.

It has come to my attention that when a western country is attacked, the US comes to the rescue, but when a middle eastern country is, very few hear about it.Thisimplies that, to the Western Hemisphere, it doesn't matter if a terrorist attack occurs in a majorly Islamic country nearly as much as terrorist attacks which occur in fellow western countries. But it should because it affects that country, its people, and everyone else in the world whether we see it or not. I personally think it has been a long overdue that we stop caring for one group of lives more than another group. We’re all human.We as world citizens need to stop thinking that being of an Islamic religion means that you are a terrorist and that it doesn't matter how your life is being treated. Islam does not equal terrorism. Terrorism is any attack on people that instills fear, causes chaos, and causes loss of order and life. Islam has nothing to do with terrorism and we need to stop assuming and judging and being ignorant, and start uniting in order to face one common enemy that it is trying to create a gap. Because United we conquer, divided we fall.