The New Alabama Abortion Ban Is Wrong

I'm A Small Town Christian From Alabama, But As A Woman, I Cannot Support Banning Abortion

Since when is it the government's business what a woman does with her body?

995
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf4LaT2BZ2J/?taken-by=alyssalynch

I grew up in a small town in Alabama surrounded by Republicans and I consider myself to be one, however, I feel that it is a woman's choice if she wants to have an abortion, not the government's. Governor Kay Ivey signed the Alabama Human Life Protection Act yesterday (May 15th, 2019). This act is making abortion illegal, which is so wrong I don't even know where to start.

What happened to the separation from church and state?

I am a Christian, and I personally believe that abortion is wrong, but I also believe that it is a woman's choice what she wants to do with her body. There are also instances where abortion is the best option on the table for their circumstances, and this action takes that option away from us women entirely.

See also: I Lost Two Babies Before Age 20, And I'm Proud Of Alabama For Banning Abortion

There are approximately 6,000 children in foster care in Alabama, and with this act, that number will increase significantly! Plus, there are always signs up at the local DHR desperately needing foster parents because there are so many children in the system that need somewhere to stay, and this act will do nothing but make this worse!

Where are we going to draw the line? The government is now telling us that we can't do whatever we please to do with our bodies. What's next? Are they going to tell us that we can't wear what we want to? Are they going to make us do "women" jobs only? This may seem absurd to you to bring up that they may control what profession we go into or what we wear, but that is as absurd as telling a woman she cannot do what she wants to with her body.

We as women should stick it to the man and show that we will stick together. A woman should have the choice to do what she pleases, and we are not to judge! God is the only one that can truly judge us, and it is not fair to have our government make these kinds of decisions.