A Message to America

A Message to America

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are the new President and Vice President, respectively, of the United States. What's next for our country?

38
A Message to America

Early Saturday morning, Pennsylvania, a key swing state, publicized its majority vote for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. Biden is now projected to be the 46th President of the United States. Now that we have a new President and Vice President, it is important to take a step back and really analyze what the next step is for our country. The change will only happen if it is catalyzed by the people, and this is why it is important to hold our government to a higher standard. We must hold this new administration accountable for everything it claims to want to tackle. We cannot sit back and observe for another four years; we must be involved in change and we must contribute to the change forecasted by this administration.

Besides accountability and continuous demand for change, this new administration has brought a milestone in the form of Vice President-elect Kamala Harris. Harris is the first woman in the office, and she is the first Indian/Black woman as well. Her election to one of the highest positions in the country serves as a beacon of inspiration to women across the country, especially those of color. Her election proves that it is possible for women to ascend to such high positions and that women are just as capable as men.

With a new presidency and administration comes new policies and goals for the country. It is important for Congress to be on board as well because there is a system of checks and balances and without Congress, this would not work. It is extremely essential that we as voters and as citizens do not stay compliant for the next four years, and that we actively advocate for change by speaking up. Yes, this was a very politically divided election, but the only way to move forward now is to come together and work together to get things done, a message emphasized by Biden in the speech he made in his home state of Delaware.